Ok alright honestly i have been playing for about two years and play lead guitar. and i was watching some guitar thing and it started using words like "Octave" and a bunch of other Bullshit terms that i cant continue with the way i play untill i can find uot what all of this means. somebody help me out here!!
Firstly lose the attitude, it just makes you look childish - there's no point whining because you didn't learn basic musical terminology, you just need to get your head down and learn.

Secondly, read Josh Urban's Crusade articles in the columns seciton and anything in Freepower or bangoodcharlote's sigs.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
theory?
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
and octave is a full set of notes, like if it was on a music program it'd be

c1 d1 e1 etc
then c2 d2 e2

I'm sure that explanation sucks, but if you understand that's one more term you know.
Quote by b-rabbit-1
Ok alright honestly i have been playing for about two years and play lead guitar. and i was watching some guitar thing and it started using words like "Octave" and a bunch of other Bullshit terms that i cant continue with the way i play untill i can find uot what all of this means. somebody help me out here!!
You might try this site if you're looking for something a little more comprehensive and academically rigorous than Wikipedia.
All things are difficult before they are easy.
- Dr. Thomas Fuller (British physician, 1654-1734)
Quote by Freepower
For everything you need to know - gpb0216.
Octive.... example do rei mi fa so la ti da.... its a raise in pitch.. like how the low E string is deeper then the High E string.... its the same note but difference in sound... kind of why some people drop tune for metal or darker songs cause of the intensity of the riffs when shifted down those octives..