Anyone have one of these beauties? I'm considering getting me one but wanted an idea if its a guitar a metal player like me would want. I have an EX-400 and an F-400, I've read the neck is kind of thick on the EC-1000 but just how thick? I need a guitar thats going to sound amazing but still stand up to some fast metal riffs. If having a thin "u" neck instead of an extra thin "u" neck like my F-400 will make too bad of a difference would it be worth to pay 150 more dollars for the EC-1000 with tremolo/extra thin U neck?
EC-1000 has a great neck for both shredding and heavy riffs. Thin necks are better for legato and tapping, yes, but if you put Joe Satriani on a Gibson Les Paul, he will still be able to rip it up. The EC-1000 has a very balanced neck, designed for both shredding and riffing. Thin necks are nowhere near as effective and fun to play when writing riffs, so the LTD is an option to seriously consider.
I have one and the neck is perfect for shredding and for heavy riffs. It really is the perfectly balanced neck for a rock/metal type of technique. I am extremely happy with this guitar, wouldn't imagine ever selling it.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
Thanks for the info, I should be ordering it within the next few weeks, looking forward to it xD
If you have an F-400 and and EX-400 I wouldn't get an EC-1000 unless it had a Floyd, just so it wasn't basically the same guitar with a different shape
Quote by AngryGoldfish
Thin necks are nowhere near as effective and fun to play when writing riffs,

this guy is a a ****ing idiot for saying that.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
Quote by Walternativo
this guy is a a ****ing idiot for saying that.

I AGREE! i recently bought an LTD viper 200fm. I am glad i dont listen to people on here talking about necks. It has a shorter scale, a high tension scale some call it. But i love it, it makes it perfect for drop tuning, and i play mostly rhythm anyway.
You just agreed with Walternativo about his opinion on necks, yet you don't listen to people on here talking about necks?
From personal experience, I always found that the bigger the neck, the easier my hand fitted around a riff. That's just me. This is a forum; people express their viewpoints here and it is also a place where you can impolitely disregard anything you read, like you so did.

I have a Maverick F-1 - thin neck
and a Les Paul Custom - fatter neck
the Les Paul is my preffered instrument when playing drop tuned riffs because of it's shorter scale length and it's larger, more softened neck.
Quote by AngryGoldfish
You just agreed with Walternativo about his opinion on necks, yet you don't listen to people on here talking about necks?
From personal experience, I always found that the bigger the neck, the easier my hand fitted around a riff. That's just me. This is a forum; people express their viewpoints here and it is also a place where you can impolitely disregard anything you read, like you so did.

I have a Maverick F-1 - thin neck
and a Les Paul Custom - fatter neck
the Les Paul is my preffered instrument when playing drop tuned riffs because of it's shorter scale length and it's larger, more softened neck.

no< i didnt agree with his comment about necks. I agreed with the other guy for callin the other guy an idiot! LOL
why does the title say EC-100, when you're asking about the EC-1000?
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
I have one and I love it (ASB with SDs)

It's great, warm tone, good for playing pretty much all genres. Looks awesome too.
Gear List:
ESP LTD EC-1000, Amber Sunburst with Duncans
Ibanez AJ30ECE Acoustic-Electric
Line 6 Spider II 210 120 watt
Line 6 UX2
Yea meant to say EC-1000
ESP LTD F-400FM 85/81 EMG
ESP LTD EX-400 81/81 EMG
Peavy ValveKing 100
Line 6 Spider III 75W
Line 6 TonePort UX2