Page 1 of 2
Who else watches this show?! I just started watching the series again because my brother and dad had started watching it, and I didn't want to jump in half way through, so I put them in my queue on Blockbuster. It's on HBO and there are five seasons of it all dealing with some aspect of Baltimore "institutions".

Wikipedia!

If you've never seen it, please check it out... it's great stuff.

I just started watching this show like 2 months ago. My buddy has all 5 seasons on DVD and he let me borrow them. I just finished up season 3. Awesome show.

Bunk is hilarious.
I finished the first season yesterday and I don't have any DVDs coming in until a few days from now.

Right now my favorite characters would have to Bubs and Omar.
Love it. Masterpiece. Best television programme I've ever seen. Etc.

Charlie Brooker made a decent litte documentary about it, talking to some of the cast and fans and trying to persuade people to watch it called Tapping The Wire.
The Wire has frequently been described by critics as one of the greatest television series of all time.

Hmm it might be good then.
Sig space available, give me some praise
Quote by guitarkid2113
I finished the first season yesterday and I don't have any DVDs coming in until a few days from now.

Right now my favorite characters would have to Bubs and Omar.

Omar is a badass. You know you're awesome when people flee when they hear your name.
Quote by Starstorm
Omar is a badass. You know you're awesome when people flee when they hear your name.

I think it's pretty badass when he starts whistling. It sounds so eerie. Then "muh****a's get got."
I heard about the show a long time ago, watched the first episode and didn't really like it. Then after a year or so I thought I'd give it another try, watched 3 episodes and got hooked like a junkie on "WMDs" It took me about two weeks to watch all 5 seasons.

I love the complex storyline, the characters, pretty much everything about the show. I bet there are a ton of little things I missed so at some point I'll have to watch it again. Amazing series, definitely in my Top 3.
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
Thought I'd revive this.

Never been this much into a TV series ever.

Absolutely ****ing amazing. Watched Series 1, 2 and 3 so far (watched 2 and 3 in the space of 2 weeks) and 4 is in the post to my house. Glorious.
The Wikipedia page must be a joke. Nothing has ever come out of the state of Maryland.
I got all 5 seasons for Christmas, I've only watched the 1st season so far but it's great. I love the realism of it.
Actually, it looks like an interesting show. I'll be sure to bittorrent some of it later on.
Quote by bendystraw
Actually, it looks like an interesting show. I'll be sure to bittorrent some of it later on.

You'll have to bittorrent the whole of series 1 and start from episode 1.
^ +1

This ain't a show like CSI where you can skip an entire season (let alone a single episode) and feel like you haven't missed a beat. It's all one big story, kinda like Heroes, Lost or Prison Break but more realistic.

I started watching Season 1 again, and there are little bits and pieces in every episode that I missed the first time. Love it love it love it love it
Dancing in the moonlight

Martin D-28
^ I totally understand that, I wouldn't start watching a series not from the pilot anyways.
Aw God, I'm so damn tempted to order Season 1 now

I've been meaning to check it out for ages...

Should I? Worth £15?
Quote by lp345

Should I? Worth £15?

Hell yeah you should get it.
^^^ And as I said in my earlier post don't skip it based on the first episode. It starts off slow.

^^ Definitely worth it
Dancing in the moonlight

Martin D-28
Quote by lp345

Should I? Worth £15?

Yes definately. I already watched series 1 on the internet, links since been removed, but I'm going to buy it so I can watch it all again
OK, I'm ordering it now

Order placed

I haven't seen a good TV series in ages. Hopefully, this will change
Last edited by lp345 at Jan 3, 2009,
Shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
For those in the UK, The Corner is starting on FX at 11pm tomorrow (monday).
Since it has ended and there has been the whole push for it being the best TV show ever, I think it is a bit of an injustice to myself that I haven't seen it until a few days ago.

I bought the first season episode one off Itunes and I think I might try and get the first season boxset for cheap. Once my exams are over I probably will watch the whole thing. It looks very very good.
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
Quote by daft
Since it has ended and there has been the whole push for it being the best TV show ever, I think it is a bit of an injustice to myself that I haven't seen it until a few days ago.

I bought the first season episode one off Itunes and I think I might try and get the first season boxset for cheap. Once my exams are over I probably will watch the whole thing. It looks very very good.

I actually find the 1st episode kinda dull compared to the rest of the episodes.

But yeah its definately up there with the best shows ever.
How the hell did I not find this until a few weeks ago?

Just into Season 3 right now, Season 1 was fantastic, season 2 was also very good.

Got the DVDs ordered aswell so I can have them in my collection.

Agreed that it's one of the best shows ever made, can't believe it slipped under my radar
I've been netflixing the hell out of this show.

Seriously the best thing that ever was on TV, save for maybe The Sopranos. So good.
Wade in the water, child.
I just need to order season 5 and I'll unfortunately have finished the whole thing.

I went back and watched some of series 2 though and it's amazing how many little details you miss and then everything makes a ****load more sense.
Awesome show.

I love when they trick the kids into thinking the copy machine is a lie detector.
And they make the kid's friend look like a snitch by giving him McDonalds.
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
I'm doing basically what the TS is.

LoveFilming season 1 as we speak...after that the rest, then onto Oz, Sopranos and Dexter.

Curse HBO for making so many good dramas.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
You can't prove that people DON'T walk on water. turn water into wine etc.
I think there is a problem with my Wire DVD's

When I watch the episodes there is a black bar across the top of the screen...it flickers alot, I don't think its supposed to be there

I'm watching it on my computer, any ideas? Maybe its just a defective copy?
Quote by DanRev
does it get in the way of the actual show?

Yeah, its really distracting. Its sorta like something you'd see in a damaged VHS tape

I think I may send it back, all my other DVD's look and work fine, so it must be faulty copy
send it back while you can I suppose. Throw a huge strop and they might send you a free box of crisps or some ****.
Page 1 of 2