Hey guys after your sensible suggestions about a more suitable amp setup i didn't follow your advice but instead used a collection of it and i now run the gt8 into the PA run a separate signal into the blues for a clean signal!

Anyway i digress,

I don't like gigging with my strat because i love the old thing and i don't like to see it get beat up and i'd like to keep it for recording.

However it's just an excuse for another guitar. Because i gig in pubs/clubs and the like i need a robust guitar that's pretty versitile, it has to go from clean to heavy rock. It has to be simple (as in very little to go wrong as in reliable), well priced (as in £150 tops) and has to look good.

I was searching the tinterweb and found this:

http://www.jhs.co.uk/zip.html

Any thoughts?

X
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
Would you be interested in another Stratocaster style guitar? or something different?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Well, Vintage Guitars are keenly priced for what they are.
A couple of simple mods and fixes, and a Vintage would be awesome. My friend's got a Vintage SG copy, and I love it. I can't wait to get my hands on a proper SG after I took to that one so much. I've just never found one to try D:
Edit: get something more conventional - it's inevitable that at some point, everybody wants to hot rod their starter or other cheapy instrument, and that won't be an easy pickup to replace. Then again, that could just be me.
Last edited by Rock Pig at Nov 12, 2008,
Quote by Chrisiphone
Would you be interested in another Stratocaster style guitar? or something different?

Well i don't really mind, i just would quite like something a tad different, have looked at a new telecaster (squier classic 50's vibe) and i know that it's more expensive, but i just would have the same problem again because they are awesome guitars and tbh i don't want to spend the money i want a new car.

X

Quote by King Baby Duck
You're not going get a guitar you described for that price.

Unless maybe you ebay one.

Well they float around on ebay new for as little as £130

X

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
I played a Vintage icon Strat copy recently and for £150 I was actually very tempted, they are damn good for the price, they just get overlooked because of the name.
Quote by 666_Pounder
I played a Vintage icon Strat copy recently and for £150 I was actually very tempted, they are damn good for the price, they just get overlooked because of the name.

Thankyou, this is good information!

I have a question, on the "zip" models are the pickups wired in humbucking?

X

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S