Hi Guys

I'm increasingly getting tired of the tremolo on my '65 reissue mustang and would like to add a bigsby tremolo.

I'm wondering if anyone has ever seen a mustang with a bigsby (or indeed fender bigsby-style) tremelo?

If so, what would be the technical problems for attaching it or is it just bolt on and go?

I also think it would look extremely cool as well.
Quote by ginjaninja
its drill holes and go.

That sounds easy.

I'm gonna go for it. Justa bit worried about the shape of the pickguard though.

Has anyone seen or got any pics?
Well, the trem on the Mustang IS shit.
If you can find one that will fit your guitar, just drill the holes and go. But it'll be damn hard to find one. I think you'd be better off putting a stoptail on.
thanks for the advice Rockpig.

I was hoping I could get away with using a B50 Bigsby for the SG as it looks just small enough to fit if I remove the trem but leave the bridge in place.

I don't mind which one though.

I guess I've gotta do some measuring.

thanks again.
actually the b50 would be perfect, you should keep in mind though the routs under the current trem will show right through from under the bigsby. but if that doesn't bother you, get a b50, remove the mustang trem plate but keep the saddle bridge on it, and drill for the bigsby behind it.
Keep us updated, I've thought about that myself for my '69 reissue.
El Gearo:

Fender '69 Reissue Mustang
Fender American Standard P-Bass

Fender Blues Junior
Quote by rednwhiteblues
actually the b50 would be perfect, you should keep in mind though the routs under the current trem will show right through from under the bigsby.

this is true you may want to add a piece of pick guard material between the trem and body to hide it up

Guitar : Fender CIJ Mustang and a Telecaster
Amp : 76 fender champ
Pedals : BBE green screamer, Big muff, Ibanez LU20 Pedal Tuner, boss loop pedal
Thanks Rednwhiteblues. Sound advice.

Can anyone suggest an alternative tremelo to the Bigsby then?
Last edited by Tcoldsteel at Nov 29, 2008,