I have a quick question for the bass forums, who seem to be quite knowledgeable on Ashdown MAG amps. I purchased an Ashdown MAG 300 210 today, and I was curious if it would be possible for me and a guitarist to both be playing at the same time through it?
It has a high and low input jack, so I can have them both connected, but would it break the amp if we played at the same time? I'm sure it wouldn't at a lower volume, but at a volume to compete with a drummer, would it work?

I am really scared to try this, so advice UG?
Last edited by pepsi_lovr at Nov 12, 2008,
It'd sound absolutely awful if you did, trust me.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Quote by pepsi_lovr
Wow, did I seriously put bass AND bass in the title?

yes you did

on topic: it might work, but i wouldnt try it for fear of damagin ur amp
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Quote by pepsi_lovr
I have a quick question for the bass forums, who seem to be quite knowledgeable on Ashdown MAG amps. I purchased an Ashdown MAG 300 210 today, and I was curious if it would be possible for me and a guitarist to both be playing at the same time through it?
It has a high and low input jack, so I can have them both connected, but would it break the amp if we played at the same time? I'm sure it wouldn't at a lower volume, but at a volume to compete with a drummer, would it work?

I am really scared to try this, so advice UG?
Quite frankly you're pushing it putting a bass through it without an add on 15" cab, the 10" speakers are only rated at 100 watts each, I should know I've just re-speakered one for a guy, I put 250 watt Eminence 10s in.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
At low volumes it's not too bad to practice with, but with both sounds coming from the same source it sounds really messy. Not really any chance of doing that live.
Nope, no sig here.