Here is my latest, any crits are much appreciated.
C4C as usual.
Cheers.
Attachments:
Fast P-H.zip
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
uh, certainly not my style, but it sounded ok, i could give you some tech advice, like when the dist guitar picks some notes i think during the verse, don't make the same pattern, alternate.
an idea what came to me was, just before a chorus strike one clean chord(one measure) and them kick in with the distorted part.see if you lie it.
the rest is pretty much ok, a good attempt, but as i said, not my style definitely.

Crit 4 Crit? it in my sig
intro was ok. nothing to original but it fit. didnt really like the verse. the clean bit didnt really do much but i guess it could with vocals. the guitars fills like breakdowns in the chorus didnt really fit that well. the actual breakdown really didnt fit the mood of the song. 101 was pretty cool. an okay song. but it has too many parts that dont fit, and those parts are typical to the genre they are in. such as the pop punk type verses, and metalcore type breakdowns.
I actually kinda had a mix of pop-punk and metalcore in mind, in the style of A Day To Remember. I do think this is probably one of my weaker songs though. Thanks for the crit.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Not a bad song but since I don't listen to this kind of music my opinion is not valid lol

The breakdown was nice, but as ther person above said it doesn't flow with the song, but the breakdown in itself is cool, def. metalcore breakdown is what came to mind, its generic but hey it works right? Try some odd timings and notes to come up w/ a cool breakdown next time, I find I too get stuck in the "loop" of coming up w/ breakdowns that sound the same in way or another, its hard to be original these days when everything's been said and done already.

The riff at bar 101, turn that into another song, it can be used as a verse riff easily but doesn't really suit this song. Like you said this is a mix of 2 diff genre's/sub genre's, perhaps only focus on one? Sometimes mixing 2 things aren't that great, having said that this song wasn't all that bad, has potential, just clean it up a bit, but then again like I said my opinion doesn't matter b/c I don't know much about this genre.

crit my new one? thanks
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1014130