I've been thinking about buying myself a nice christmas gift

Now I'm stuck between

Schecter C-1+
I like the feel, pretty nice
Don't like the inlays, and it has so/so Duncan "Designed" pickups

Schecter C-1 Classic
Almost the same as the C-1+
But with Duncan JB/Jazz and nicer inlays.
Though it is alot heavier

and a Parker P-42
I'm leaning towards this one
Haven't tried this guitar out before but I've tried a Parker before
and loved it.
I hear the pickups kinda suck
But with the money I save I can drop in same nice Dimarzios or Bare Knuckles

Hm, overall I like the C-1's but I've always wanted a Parker.
What do you guys think?
Recommend me something else if you'd like
For me, from a totally cosmetic point of view the Schecters look poncy. Granted I've not tried them, though.

I'd be more into giving the Parker a go. You know it will be a quality build, but what of the sound and versatility?
c-1 classic. i have a c-1 exotic star, awesome guitar; good tone, everything
Quote by ratracekid111
And the Tax! Dear God! When I only get one virgin a month, I want the whole freakin' thing! The damn government shouldn't be chopping it in half
i can 100% guarantee the neck on the Parker will be better than the Schecters, if that helps.
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Parkers are the ugliest guitars I've ever seen , how people like them is beyond me
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Quote by sharpant
Parkers are the ugliest guitars I've ever seen , how people like them is beyond me

They're not the prettiest guitars but they do usually play nicely. I thought that Parker's looked horrible until I saw one in a local guitar shop, completely changed my mind.
Quote by stinger12345
It even says "High Quality" in the title, so you KNOW it's quality
Quote by BobChicken
Jackson ke3?

There's always one who suggests something that isn't on the list

Quote by sharpant

Then why post? You didn't add anything to the thread at all. I like Parkers

TS:

You are going to HAVE to try these guitars, especially the Parker; they are definitely love or hate things. I'm also not sure you can change the pickups very easily, I heard somewhere that they use thinner pickups than normal because of the thin body but someone else will have to back me up on that.

I would personally lean towards the Parker but you'll have to try one.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
C-1 Classic
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
TS here
(Was logged in as my brothers account)

I'm still leaning towards the Parker
It's not about beauty but the playability
And Parkers are amazing in those terms

I hear they're pretty versatile to.

I mostly play metal
But I need a guitar that can do that and more.

EDIT:
I've played a Nitefly
And I gotta say that's how I fell in love with Parker guitars
Do you guys think the P-42 will at least feel the same?
and maybe sound the same with some different pickups?

Last edited by LesZao at Nov 12, 2008,
the schecter c-1 classic has always been one of my favorite schecter models, and schecter is one of my favorite, if not my favorite, brand, so i may sound biased, but i dont like them for no reason, i like them cuz they kick ass
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

fender mexican fat strat (discontinued)
mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
Schecter C-1 Classic. Best looking and in my opinion the best playibility.
Weekend Warrior
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
There's always one who suggests something that isn't on the list

He did say that he was open to other suggestions! and the Ke3 is a great guitar, really good tone and playability
I love my keyboardist, he's hot.

Quote by phlip999
The Pit is the epitome of higher learning and full of intillectual people who help the masses solve their problems.

The Llama Forum Bagel Group
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

I would personally lean towards the Parker but you'll have to try that model.

Fixed!

Try it out, I'm not sure about the neck dimensions and all but I bet 100% it's different from the Schecter guitars.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
I'm also not sure you can change the pickups very easily, I heard somewhere that they use thinner pickups than normal because of the thin body but someone else will have to back me up on that.

I believe only the Fly uses special pickups. My Nitefly appears to use normal ones.
Various Strats
Polytone Mini Brute
Koch Studiotone XL
Swart STR Tweed
Quilter 101 Reverb and Mini
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
Well I've known a couple of people who owned lower level Parkers, and they say it's like a completely different guitar compared to what Parker is known for. I was gonna say Parker, but go Schecter.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Go shecter. I have a C-1 hellraiser, and I love it. Definitely try both though, as I have a few friends who hate the neck on mine.
c1 classic
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
I'd say the C1, but i haven't tried a parker
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
I've been putting alot of thought into it

And I think I'll get the Parker
Due to how light it is and the neck is amazing.

Then drop some Dimarzio EVO's in it.

Has anybody tried the JEM with Evo's in 'em?
My god, those pickups sound crazy good
But it might be the quality of the guitar
Most of it has to come from the pickups though

But I get the feeling I'll have myself one badass guitar once I put those pickups in
Yes i am a schecter fan, but i also have ESP's, and a les paul. IN MY OPINION THOSE PARKER FLYS ARE ONE OF THE UGLIEST GUITARS EVER MADE! Them and steinbergers.
i really like Schecters - i've got a c1 blackjack ATX fr with duncan blackouts (standard) in it, and i luv it. And i'm now setting my sights on 1 or 2 more Schecters lol

BUT saying that, if you've always really wanted a Parker, it seems to me like you'll still be hunting em down if you were to buy a Schecter, so maybe it's worth trying what you've had your heart set on, and if it's every bit as good as people say then great. If you're not happy, get rid of it and buy a Schecter instead, but at least you'll have cured that curiosity =)

Oh and if you're interested in the Dimarzio Evo's, i've heard that for a mahogany-bodied guitar, the Evo2 is better than the regular Evo for the bridge position. Feel free to discuss this with guitar shops or email Dimarzio about it, but that's just what another Schecter user mentioned to me (alot of Schecter guitars are mahogany).
Last edited by yenners at Nov 13, 2008,