Hi guys,

Me and a few of my friends were jamming every now and then over the semester, but when it comes down to it, our bass player is really unreliable.

My question is- do you know any good songs that could be played by a guitar and keyboard (and of course drums)?

We're looking for easier songs to play that people would know, not all mainstream, but known that we can just mess around with.

The one i can think of right now is "love song" by the cure, because its heavily synth oriented anyways.

If you guys have any suggestions, i would greatly appreciate it.
try stabwound by necrophagist
or anything by between the buried and me or protest the hero

those should be some easy songs to start off with.

Last edited by NailgunMassacre at Nov 12, 2008,
lots of queen songs, jump by van halen and here i go again by whitesnake? and yea, some necrophagist can't be bad xD
Eat this, today's music-lovers!
Quote by rabidguitarist
A lot of music isn't really going anywhere. There are tons of fans in here going 'oh my god, <> is evolving so much and <> is so shit lol!' but tons of it is just recycled material and tired ideas.
Try the new Kings of Leon stuff.

Interpol, or maybe Yeah Yeah Yeahs (I think they have the same setup as you) A band called The Blood Arm, try there stuff.

Pink Floyd?

I don't know what else.
break on through by the doors. i'm not sure if its a bass or guitar but i'm sure itll work
And on the seventh day, I said "Go to your room!"

check out my jazz tab and ill gladly do a review of any of your stuff

I play the bass clarinet! How 'bout you? PM me!
how on earth is necrophagist known? how bout songs like say it aint so by weezer, hard to handle by black crowes, tom petty songs
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
mmm I don't know, the bass is really fundamental on most songs
I only know guitar-keyboard-drum songs that are instrumental

maybe you can try pink floyd songs, like comfortably numb, which relies a lot on synth

but if you don't mind to play an instrumental, I highly recommend camel's stationary traveller
and i meant to say add your own twist with the keyboard, make it creative
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
yyz by rush
My Gear
Electrics - Ibanez RG370DX
Acoustics - Takamine EG510SC, Victoria Classic
Pedals - Ibanez WD7, Marshall ED1, Digitech DF7, Boss AC3, Marshall RG1, Digitech XDD
Amplifiers - Laney HCM15R, Roland Micro Cube
It's probably a little harder than what you're looking for (mostly on keyboard I think), but most of the stuff by Yes. They're a great band. What about the school of Rock song (like the movie)? It was pretty good and it has the keyboard.

Styx has a lot of synth stuff if you'd look into that like "Too Much time on my Hands" and "Renegade"

Final Countdown is always a favorite.

And don't forget The Doors!
There be no shelter here.
a lot of old and some newer punk is three piece. you could definitely do some Sex Pistols. just have the bass parts played on the keyboard. it'd probably sound really interesting.

there's also Muse and a lot of Rush songs you could do that with.
GAS List:
Nothing
Also The White Stripes utilise a lot of keyboards and have no Bass player, and those songs are real easy and fun to jam with!
Don't need a gun to blow your mind.
The Who maybe. I'm not entirely sure how they did those parts on Won't Get Fooled Again, Baba O Riley, etc. but (and I don't know much about keyboards, only what I do in music tech) they seem a little hard to play "live"
There be no shelter here.
Quote by courtkid1012
The Who maybe. I'm not entirely sure how they did those parts on Won't Get Fooled Again, Baba O Riley, etc. but (and I don't know much about keyboards, only what I do in music tech) they seem a little hard to play "live"

Good luck playing The Who without Bass!
Don't need a gun to blow your mind.