So I'm at work(a surveying and engineering company) and we have absolutely no work at the moment. So I get to sit on the computer and surf the net all day and it's pretty damn boring. I want to attempt something constructive so if UG would help me out here...

Is there anything I can do to further progress my guitar abilities? Anything at all, technique, theory, anything...

I've got a pretty good understanding of the building blocks of theory. I don't have all the notes in all the scales memorized but I, for the most part, get how it works.

Any suggestions on what I could do without my guitar at hand?
I'm Tyler
memorize every single scale, note, and chord, and know how to build every chord.

yeah, im too lazy for that too but you can buy a finger strengthening thingy and give your left-hand fingers a workout whenever youre not doing anything.
umm if u got speakers, u could do those interval tests? like sound tests on internet, i never really tried them but sounds good

and download guitar pro maybe or write some lyrics lol i dunno
Quote by wooftang999
umm if u got speakers, u could do those interval tests? like sound tests on internet, i never really tried them but sounds good

Good Idea but I can't turn on the speakers :\

And to Soadfan, that turns me off just reading it haha.
I'm Tyler
get a little guitar or even a mandolin or ukelele and keep it there. it can help to get some time in on a guitar type interface with a different tuning interval like those and you might even get lucky and your boss will promote you to his personal minstrel. or you could get a drum machine and make funky beats in your spare time. any time spent making music basically will help to advance as a musician or at least keep from getting rusty. the hand exercise thing would be good if your not feeling adventerous.
learn theory at work, have a guitar neck with you/mini guitar/ukelele, write music, write lyrics

or all of the above.
The mini-guitar idea wouldn't go over well seeing as how its such a quiet office I'm in.

Quote by aaciseric
Get Guitar Pro or Power Tabs, some headphones and then get some writing done.

However this probably will. Thats a pretty good idea, thanks

EDIT: The hand exercise sounds helpful too.
I'm Tyler
What about a shred neck?

cant be bothered to find a link atm, im goin so google em, theyre mini necks for practising hand strength
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

Bugera 333xl > Crybaby Wah > Marshall Guv'Nor > Boss SD1 > J&D Les Paul / Vintage Lemon Drop / Modded HSH Squier / Vintage Warp / Standard Squier Strat /Tanglewood Acoustic!
One way to build finger strength/guitar skills is to lift up each finger individually as fast as you can. pinky, ring, middle, pointer, middle, ring, pinky, ring, middle, pointer, middle, ring, pinky, ring, middle, pointer, middle, ring, pinky, ring, middle, pointer, middle, ring, pinky, ring, middle, pointer, middle, ring, pinky, ring, middle, pointer, middle, ring...

copy and paste.
There be no shelter here.