Is it just me, or is almost all metal downtuned to something. Drop C, Drop D, D standard, can someone write metal in standard tuning these days?
Winds of F*CKING Plague.

But yeah I see where your're coming from.
I'm Tyler
Dragonforce, sometimes. Then again, if you really are talking about stuff that isn't sped up, I m not sure...
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
Cynic.

And the Tuning Thread in the Metal forum.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by nave890
dude metallica

Don't they play in Eb these days?
And yeah, Cynic. A lot of tech bands are in standard I think, excluding techdeath.
Metallica and priest and iron maiden.

1 of the things that define modern metal is drop tunings.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
No. AFAIK most "true" metal bands don't use drop tunings.
Call me Batman.
i mean I use D Standard... it's pretty metal...

then again I sometimes opt for standard, or Drop C if i'm feeling frisky, but about 95% of the time tis D Standard
~~You are nothing. I am a God among men, creating the Universe before leaving you blinded and wandering.~~
Letters to Zaya
Quote by J.A.M
No. AFAIK most "true" metal bands don't use drop tunings.

yeah Pantera isn't a true metal band
Id say the best metal bands play in standard :O

Even though Rage Against the machine is a mixed genre band, they definantly have a very hard sound, and generally use standard tuning. I dont care for really any metal from the past 15 years or so, a few exceptions. Pantera is probably my favourite metal band
Quote by guitarmaniac88
Dragonforce, sometimes. Then again, if you really are talking about stuff that isn't sped up, I m not sure...

boo! (at your lies)

Most bands I listen to use standard. Except for The Sword with their damn inconsistent tunings like C F A# D# G C and C G C F A D.
Quote by Myung-trucci
More notes per second=more emotion per second.
Metallica, Maiden, Dream Theater, Dragonforce, Trivium...
All examples of bands that fit in the category of metal (and imo metalcore is a style of METAL) that commonly use standard.

Hey Veillantif, I'm in your sig! wow, thats pretty cool
Quote by Myung-trucci
Metallica, Maiden, Dream Theater, Dragonforce, Trivium...
All examples of bands that fit in the category of metal (and imo metalcore is a style of METAL) that commonly use standard.

Hey Veillantif, I'm in your sig! wow, thats pretty cool
Somehow all bands I like. Wonder why that is.

Add megadeth, priest, saxon, pantera (mostly), opeth (?), king crimson and mercyful fate. Yep thats all my favourite metal bands.
He said most. There's exceptions to everything, not need to be dickish.
z4 and 20tigers were just trolling about something similar in the thread. Not our fault if we come of dickish when talking about metal for the next couple of hours.
*AHEM*

MEGADETH.

Quote by nave890
dude metallica

Yes, Metallica. Who haven't used E since 1991.
You're*
Quote by Survivalism

Yes, Metallica. Who haven't used E since 1991.

Death magnetic is in e standard bar two songs in drop d
Testament, Kreator, Vio-lence, Exodus

Thrash Metal