Ok i was looking on craiglist and found a Line 6- Spider III 150 Watt guitar Amplifier for $320. can someone tell me if its worth it for the money and if its a good amp.
God no.
$320 can buy a different far better amp.

Spider III, one of the worst amps you could possibly buy.
Weekend Warrior
the problem with the spider is that it seems good for about half an hour, then you start to hate it more and more.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
whats wrong with it? (genuine noob question - I have no clue on amps)
My thought's in a nutshell on a high watt SS amp...

Little convo I had on FB (shame... ) with some kid who doesn't know anything about guitar. He went on with some random bulldshit later on about the word aesthetics confusing him, at which point I labeled unworthy of my time, but that's irrelevant to the thread so...
Last edited by Pat_s1t at Nov 12, 2008,
it's a bad amp, in general
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by zhilla
whats wrong with it? (genuine noob question - I have no clue on amps)

exactly what i said above. at first, you like the sound, then you start to like it less and less until you hate it. and the fact the 150 watt version is pointlessly loud for an amp that doesn't sound any good loud, and very very overpriced.

as a practice amp the 15 watt version isn't that bad though.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by oneblackened
PEAVEY VYPYRS ARE THE SHIT GET ONE INSTEAD OF A SPIDER
You my good sir = WIN
Quote by werty22
P0nx don't even play instruments. P0nx sold their instruments for booze money. And they sold their booze for heroin money.

Mesa Gear Fund- $350/ $2,000
i wouldnt say i hat mine had it for nearly a year now.... it helped me alot but hey everyone has different opinions. i love mine i just hate it when i find my brother has turned all the knobs and it sounds a bit muffled but then i change settings back so maybe it that? but mine sounds perfect i got 15 watt as well.

My names Trevor and I hate to say it, but I have a very small penis.
are you looking for an amp? we can help you find one..
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Quote by job153
You my good sir = WIN

Sigged. I needed a ego-booster.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
The Spider isn't bad amp, it just isn't a great amp. You can do better for the same price.
Craigs list is where we tell those who have spiders to sell their amps when they discover they dont sound good or start to get electric gremlins. So good chance you could be buying a spider with issues. The little 15 watt ones aint terrible as a practice amp anything bigger is a waste of money.
Just don't get an MG...i hate mine with a passion. If only i would have known about UG before i bought it

But the only reason Spiders are played at guitar centers and other guitar stores is because people end up forgetting their tuners :P

Look around for something else, maybe even save up for a decent tube amp. I've been looking at the Bugera and like what they offer and aren't going to cost an arm and a leg.