So I'm writing an essay on the 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis, and I would like some opinions on possible theses.

I have:

- The 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis was a direct result of American paranoia of communism and the Cold War.

- The 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis was an ultimate result of the Cold War and the Arms Race included in said war.

that's all I can really think of. Please feel free to add some ideas other than these. I just really want to write a good paper, and to do that I need a good thesis. And those aren't my possible theses word for word, obviously I would do some sprucing up. Anyways, much appreciated!
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
O CANADA!
America built some missile sites in Turkey, right near Russia. So the Russian guy ( forgot his name, begins with a K) wanted missiles next door to usa like they had to russia. As Cuba was a commie county, he made a deal to have missiles built there.

Does that help?

Edit: so yes, it was part of the arms race, which tied in with the space race.
Those Cuban "missiles" were actually supersized cigars... duh

Quote by *powerslave*
America built some missile sites in Turkey, right near Russia. So the Russian guy ( forgot his name, begins with a K) wanted missiles next door to usa like they had to russia. As Cuba was a commie county, he made a deal to have missiles built there.

Does that help?

Nikita Kroutchev? or similar
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by DirtyMakik
Those Cuban "missiles" were actually supersized cigars... duh

I was going to post something like this

I HATE YOU

Quote by rock_star77
So I'm writing an essay on the 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis, and I would like some opinions on possible theses.

I have:

- The 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis was a direct result of American paranoia of communism and the Cold War.

- The 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis was an ultimate result of the Cold War and the Arms Race included in said war.

that's all I can really think of. Please feel free to add some ideas other than these. I just really want to write a good paper, and to do that I need a good thesis. And those aren't my possible theses word for word, obviously I would do some sprucing up. Anyways, much appreciated!

This.
Despite the strength of the Terran they could not foresee the underground movements of the Zerg deeper into their territory.
the first is better, but the fact thatAmerica did also fear not just communism, but the threat of attack from the missiles add to it. Also the russian fear of America and their far superior weaponry ('star wars' which didnt actually exist alhtough russians believe it did) added to Russia wanting to be able to prtect themselves from Cuba (only 49miles off coast of america)
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Quote by *powerslave*

Does that help?

Edit: so yes, it was part of the arms race, which tied in with the space race.

his name was Kruhschev, dont know if Ive spelt it correct tho. And also it resulted as a peace making haveing all missiles removed and so both presidents seemed to be peace makers.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Quote by *powerslave*
Thats the one

funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Could anyone do me a favour and reform all of this into a thesis statement?
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
O CANADA!
Quote by charlie__flynn
his name was Kruhschev, dont know if Ive spelt it correct tho. And also it resulted as a peace making haveing all missiles removed and so both presidents seemed to be peace makers.

Yes but The removal of missiles in Turkey were done at a later date, and their removal wasn't published to the public. This made Kruschev look like the 'loser' of this 'battle' and meant the following year he was no longer president/premier of Russia, (incidently Kennedy was no longer presitent the following year either).

Another result of the cuban missile crisis was a 'hot line' was established between the White house and the Kremlin, so the 2 presidents could talk immideatly in times of urgency.
I wanna, it is just hard to contain everyone's ideas.

I am talking about a one shot thesis statement. One sentence, I will write the other 2,480 words myself.
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
O CANADA!
Quote by thestonedone
This.
Despite the strength of the Terran they could not foresee the underground movements of the Zerg deeper into their territory.

where do the Protoss come into play?
I see no sign of fortress.
"The cuban missile crisis was a means for Russia to guarantee security for herself." Then you could argue both for and against; you could say for because ot made America think twice before attacking them, and against because they could have been doing it to intimidate America.

Jees...I dunno...

amidoinitrite?