HI all,I am a beginner. I am now considering which model of axe should I take as my first electric guitar. Form the Ibanez site and some comments on internet, both S series and RG are designed for metal players. I know RG have 24 frets and it is the minor point. But , in fact, Are their any differences of sounds' quality between S470, S520 and Rg370? which one is more comfortable ? Which one is better? please comment..
(PS: I love heavy metal ...HAHAHA)
S470 or S520 easily.

The RG370 has an Edge III trem. This means BAD. Read here for more.

Anyways.

Both the S470 and S520EX have a ZR trem which generally has great reviews and reliability. The S470 is more versatile due to the extra single coil (for that funk or whatever) but if you find that it gets in the way of your picking, get the S520.

Build quality across all 3 models tend to be decent, as they are all made in Korea.
get the s320, same specs as the 520 but cheaper because of the finish. saves you some money for an amp.

EDIT - i mean, dont get it if you like others better. but if you were set on the 520, get the 320 instead.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
Last edited by Robino_Ibanez at Nov 12, 2008,
S..
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Quote by Mwoit
S470 or S520 easily.

The RG370 has an Edge III trem. This means BAD. Read here for more.

Anyways.

Both the S470 and S520EX have a ZR trem which generally has great reviews and reliability. The S470 is more versatile due to the extra single coil (for that funk or whatever) but if you find that it gets in the way of your picking, get the S520.

Build quality across all 3 models tend to be decent, as they are all made in Korea.

+1

i'd want to try them first, though, as the QC can be a little patchy on korean ibanezes, so i hear.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well I have the S520 but I'm trying to sell it. Where you at U.s?
Schecter Daimen FR Special
Guitar Rig 3