http://www.cracked.com/article_16765_p2.html

Interesting read from everyones favorite list-form humor site, and somthing I figured UGers could relate to.

Dunno how much I agree with it, especially the legal legislation part, but in concept it's pretty interesting IMO.

Discuss.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Good ideas in theory, but the internet is based around Free Stuff and Anonymity. Taking those away would ruin it. Trolls are just a necessary evil inherent in the free speech on the net.
I'm personally a lot more worried about the internet being a tool for paedophiles, couriers, perverts and identity thieves than forum trolls.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
oh the irony...
Quote by Td_Nights
*Points to Above Poster*

Best. Username. Ever.

Quote by _-Joey-_
I wish I was gay...

PSN- td_rules Steam- tdrules
Quote by rabidguitarist
I'm personally a lot more worried about the internet being a tool for paedophiles, couriers, perverts and identity thieves than forum trolls.

Ehh, those are minuscule compared to what we have to go through.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
i like
Quote by Jackolas
You are my favorite August 08er, sir!

One day, when the time has come,
The truth will shine, we'll never run.
We both know just how feel,
I'm praying to god that this is real.
My favorite part is in the comments thing when the guy said,
""But in that future, 10 or 20 years from now, us holdouts will all just be sad, deluded men in ridiculous hats."

Wait... I'm supposed to wait 20 years to show everyone my ridiculous hat?

I've made a grievous error."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

,___,
[¬.¬]
/)__)
-"--"-

Quote by FishCream
Stop Performing Meathook Sodomy On Yourself
Quote by TEK34
Why is my name in your subtitle thing, TS?

-Guitar Gear-
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Trolls aren't killing the internet, they are saving it for the lulz.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
Yeah, a great way to stop trolls. Right, big brother?

Some of those suggestions piss me off. The internet is the purest bastion of free speech this planet has ever known.
Last edited by Trefellin at Nov 12, 2008,
Linguists speculate that no single body of written communication in the history of human language has ever been as collectively retarded and horrible as the comments under YouTube videos.

True, true.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
I'm really worried about those ideas. Restrictive Internet legislation is growing ever more popular with governments around the world. It may not be long until there is some kind of global task force moderating the entire Internet. Scary stuff... I don't feel like extrapolating from there, it's bad enough as is.
Quote by Nightfyre
I'm really worried about those ideas. Restrictive Internet legislation is growing ever more popular with governments around the world. It may not be long until there is some kind of global task force moderating the entire Internet. Scary stuff... I don't feel like extrapolating from there, it's bad enough as is.

The internet isn't in a country though, I can do whatever the fuck I want.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
I love cracked.

And I hope No. 1 doesn't happen. There's all sorts of reasons why anonymity is a good thing. If people are assholes on the internet at least that's an outlet for them and maybe they'll better themselves in real life.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by rabidguitarist

That's the point though. Trolls are preventing people who make gobs of money from advertising from the majority of online users going to those areas where they place their advertising.

They don't care about anyone's safty/the general decency of the internet. It's a roadblock to them being able to roll naked in a pile of twenties.
-Guitar Gear-
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Last edited by Garou1911 at Nov 12, 2008,
I don't like it.

It takes away one of the most entertaining things about the internet.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by yingyangthang
They mentioned transparent military internet security?

...Terminator anyone?

A team in Switzerland (I think) actually made a computer AI software and called it 'Skynet'

That's not just tempting fate, it's poking it with a stick while flipping off the irony gods.
-Guitar Gear-
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Quote by brandon369852
The internet isn't in a country though, I can do whatever the fuck I want.

For now... the basic argument is that they're regulating your use of the Internet, rather than the Internet itself, but it's the same result either way. Read the article and check out what North Korea's up to...
Quote by Garou1911
A team in Switzerland (I think) actually made a computer AI software and called it 'Skynet'

That's not just tempting fate, it's poking it with a stick while flipping off the irony gods.

So true. I might sig that.