Page 1 of 2
Hi all,

Tonight is the night of my last cigarette. Tomorrow I start with the patches.

I've got alot of inspiration to do so, I'm spending about £120 a month on it, my throat is getting pretty rough, my girlfriend's sister is giving birth in around 6 weeks and we'll be looking after it a fair bit, Christmas is coming up and the extra money will help get the presents I want....it goes on!

Just wondering if any of you fine people are doing the same now or shortly? Or if anyone has done and has any tips?

Thanks!
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
Buy some chewing gum.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
I'm quitting as well man. I had a few on Saturday, none on Sunday, last drags on Monday, one on Tuesday and nothing at all today.

I bought gum, it kind of helps. I was chewing my pen while all my mates were smoking, that's quite good as well.
I don't think I need to stop, I rarely smoke cigarettes anyway.

But I wish you the best of luck. If you feel like giving in to a sneaky fag just remember it will be twice as hard next time! Also think of the damage you are doing to yourself, if you have another.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
Stay away from situations you'd normally smoke for a couple of weeks - first 2 weeks were the hardest for me, then it got loads easier.
I'm currently cutting down. So far so good, I'm down from 2 packs a day to 1 - 1 1/2
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Constantly remind yourself that it gets harder to quit each time you try it. That's why its so important to quit now.
Quote by Zardokk
Everybody must get stoned! (If they are me.)
Good luck man just avoid putting yourself in a situation to have a cig
look to family and friends for inspiration
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
I shall be the first to say, congrats

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
You have to like isolate yourself from it. Like stop hanging around people while they smoke.
If you really want to quit you should convince yourself that it's something you won't do under any circumstances. Otherwise you'll make up excuses for why it's OK to have one here and there and you'll fall back into it again. Think of some things you already would never do (like smoke crack or shoot heroin or something like that) and put smoking on the same list.

I tried to quit a number of times until it stuck, and deciding that I was finished with smoking and that it was a moronic thing to do was key to sticking with it. I reminded myself that smoking was stupid and that I'd be an idiot to start up again. After a month of not smoking I felt so much better physically that I never wanted to smoke again. I smoked for 11 years and haven't smoked now for 12. I used Nicorette gum when I quit.
Well, I keep saying to myself to stop... But then I never smoke more than 2 a day anyway and I have no craving for them. I find there is nothing better than a cold Stella and a fag.
every time you want to have a cig just slap yourself. You will never want to smoke ever again!!!!!
flintazra wrote:

I think the next person to shoot up a school should list Jonas brothers and Hannah Montana as his favorite "musicians."
I quit a few weeks ago, and I found that when I would go with my mates and they would smoke, it helped to have an unlit one for me to suck on so I didn't feel left out, and I had the action there, haha.
It's simple. Don't smoke. Just stick to that, and you will be fine.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
I've been ill for about 3 weeks, one week it was so bad i couldn't ge up and go out to get any, therefore I stopped. 1 week and counting, goodluck man.
.Brand New.Bright Eyes.This Will Destroy You.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
Quote by bob farrell

Yeah, cos it's that easy
some advice:
dont use patches or gum - quit smoking at once. it will be hard initially, but it will be faster and youll probably not smoke again (thing that is more likely with nicotine patches).
also - stop smoking at once - dont decrease the quantity slowly. If you stop, you have to stop AT ONCE.
Quote by Mauri_wario
I would indeed "fap that thaing", but my dog is looking at me and it feels highly iinappropriate.
patches,gum, stay away from smokers, and remember, after 3 days, its easier
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
I actually enjoy smoking, but I sense that'll change as I get older.
Gibson SG Diablo . Fender Cali Series Strat . Modded Epi Firebird . Seagull 25th Anniv. CW
Korg Pitchblack > Vox V847 >
Big Muff π TW >
Boss OC-3 > Memory Boy
Vox AD50VT
The last time I tried, I used patches and I was fine after a week. I didn't touch them for a year and then I was seeing a girl who smoked and I just couldn't resist after she kept offering constantly (cigs that is). Fortunately my girlfriend doesn't smoke and I only have a few friends who do. I think it's just stress that I'll have to avoid, but at work it'll be tough.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Quote by GoDrex
this isn't necessarily true - sometimes you have to try to quit a bunch of times before you finally get it.

Lol, its scientifically true. People can still succeed in a later attempt, but overall it will be a bigger hurdle than the first time. Doesnt mean it cant be done, it just means it will never get easier.
Quote by Zardokk
Everybody must get stoned! (If they are me.)
Quote by bob farrell

^That.

100% of it is willpower. Period. The only 'trick' in quitting is convincing yourself there's a trick at all. Make up your mind and don't back down. You'll come out of it a stronger person, and that's way more valuable than smoking.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by Pyrest
I really should, but I can't be bothered. Besides, £10 a week on fags max. It's hardly breaking the bank.

Maybe not, but, it's £10 that could be spent on something else.
Quote by Tom_hatton
Yeah, cos it's that easy

Yes. It is.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
Quote by bob farrell
Yes. It is.

It is.

Learn some self control.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by bob farrell
Yes. It is.

No, it isn't.

I've been smoking for two years and giving up is fucking hard. Especially when all your friends smoke and rub it in your face that your girlfriend wants you to give up.

Pricks.
Quote by Tom_hatton
No, it isn't.

I've been smoking for two years and giving up is fucking hard. Especially when all your friends smoke and rub it in your face that your girlfriend wants you to give up.

Pricks.

I repeat.

Willpower and resolve. If you had either, it wouldn't matter what your friends do or what your reason was for wanting to quit. It's all here in my patented three step process -

1.Decide to quit.

2. Quit.

3. Get on with life.

Smoking is only a big deal becuase you make it that way.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Thank you for the good luck everyone and the help.

About to light up the last one now, someone sing a glorious song for the occasion!

Bust seriously, thank you.
Quote by Karvid

He expected this.

get gum, dont hang around the people that you normally smoke with, try not to be alone too much, be in more situations in which smoking isnt permitted.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
lmao XxGloriousxX is a genius

Quote by Pinky19
You guys fail. Except for you Glorious. You win.

Once again.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
I would shoot them to death yes, but trying to aim for non-leathal, hoping they live.

which one is it Guitarfreak777?
Anyone that says it's just that easy has obviously never been a smoker of several cigs a day.

When you smoke 5-10 a day and want to quit, come back then and tell him it's that easy.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
I was much too far out all my life
I'm gonna quit, hoping for either this Sunday or the following to have stopped by, I have 140 fags left, once they're gone (either selling or smoking them) Then that's the end.

I have that many because I got them bought abroad.

I have tried before, and it is hard, I sit in class inhaling through my biro sometimes due to withdrawal symptoms

I'm gonna stick at it too, and I'm cutting down drinking, as I'm currently drinking almost every night, either about half a 70 of spirits or several bottles/cans of beer/cider. I think this is gonna be harder than the smoking.
Personally i believe that nicotine withdrawl is overhyped by the companies that sell patches and gum. I quit smoking about six months ago, willpower is the key, humans are creatures of habit, Quitting is easy, the hard part is making a lifestyle change and sticking to it. YOU CAN DO IT!!
Page 1 of 2