Hi.

I'm 16 and I really want to go to the Far reunion gig. However, the only gig in Scotland is at King Tut's, which has an 18+ policy. I'm thinking of going up and seeing if I can just buy a ticket at the door, so if I get turned away I wont have lost money.

Anyway does anyone know how strict they are with ID checks etc?

Thanks.
If you're in the band I think they'll let you play but then again I don't live in Scotland.
Nevermind i get your question now.
Corona Corona
grow a beard, if it's possible

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
I think Tut's are pretty strict with who they let in, in accordance with the rest of Glasgow.

You could try emailing the band and getting them to change the venue, worked with Rise Against back when they were scheduled to play a gig there and because it was 18+ it got moved to allow younger fans in.

Quote by Kyle.E
www.photo-id.co.uk

They're £10, next day (if you live in UK) delivery by first class royal mail.

They work.

If the place has a good bouncer, they definitely do not work and you could face prosecution.
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
Last edited by Badreligionrock at Nov 12, 2008,
Its been six years since i turned 18 so i dont fully remember the ID situation in there but if i remember right you only needed ID if you wanted a wrist band for the bar..

infact...come to think of it... when i was there for sick of it all a couple of years ago they asked on the way in if i planned on drinking, it was only after i said yes i was ID'd, my buddy said no cos he was driving and got in anyway, minus a wrist band for the bar.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Quote by Kyle.E
www.photo-id.co.uk

They're £10, next day (if you live in UK) delivery by first class royal mail.

They work.

Hm that seems too good to be true.
1. Open My Computer.
2. Open C:
3. Click on WINDOWS.
4. Open the folder "Media."
5. Click on the file "onestop."
6. Listen.
Don't overdress.
That's the most common mistake people do.

Just look really casual and cool.

... Facial hair helps too ;P
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Quote by Heavens_To_Hell
Hi.

I'm 16 and I really want to go to the Far reunion gig. However, the only gig in Scotland is at King Tut's, which has an 18+ policy. I'm thinking of going up and seeing if I can just buy a ticket at the door, so if I get turned away I wont have lost money.

Anyway does anyone know how strict they are with ID checks etc?

Thanks.

If you go early enough, you'll get into the bar at Tuts no bother.

However, there is always someone on the other door to go up to the venue. Luckily, they were always very reasonable when I was under 18.

If you can buy a pint at the bar, just have that with you and they won't give you much hassle.

So, my bets are on you getting in.
Terms and Conditions apply.
I bought one a while back, and it's worked to get me into late night blues/jazz venues.
It really depends on the venue. I've gotten into some 18+ shows. I've gotten into 21+, they just stamped my hand so I couldn't drink. I've been shooed away from others though. And one I got in but people followed me around the whole night.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Tuts are known for being strict with their 18+. It depends how old you look, really.

King Tuts' gigs aren't always 18+, though. I'm not sure why some are and some aren't. I've been to more under-18 gigs there than over-18s...

Are you planning on going to the gig with anyone else?
Quote by _deeperthewound
Tuts are known for being strict with their 18+. It depends how old you look, really.

King Tuts' gigs aren't always 18+, though. I'm not sure why some are and some aren't. I've been to more under-18 gigs there than over-18s...

Are you planning on going to the gig with anyone else?

No idea, probably a few friends who are 18/have gotten in before.

I wouldn't be drinking so is this likely to help?

And in response to looking older...I have 11 days. Stop shaving? Anything else people can suggest?
Quote by Heavens_To_Hell
No idea, probably a few friends who are 18/have gotten in before.

I wouldn't be drinking so is this likely to help?

And in response to looking older...I have 11 days. Stop shaving? Anything else people can suggest?

Don't shower.

Bouncers don't wanna talk to smelly men.
Fake ID.

/thread
:
Quote by malachifivebass
you cant make a male musician choose music or sex, its like asking a fat man twinkie or brownie

Quote by iamnotrabid
Quote by metdethslaythrx
Naomi
it's "I moan" backwards
No, it's I maon.

Phail

I WILL one day rule the world, Pm me with the position you want and Ill see if it is open.
Buy a fake beard, and a wig of 2 metres long which can't be possibly grown in less then 18 years.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Tuts are very strict.

I've been unable to get in and I was supposed to be "working" as a tech the band that night.

edit: any bouncer thats been working more than 10 minutes will have seen most types of fake ID's. they are very easy to recognise when you look at the real thing for hours every night.
Quote by Dave_Mc
how do those marshall handles compare tonewise to, say, mesa handles?

Owns a Blackheart Little Giant...