a resistor on my B-52 recently burned out. pics are in this thread: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=996507

well i took a look at the schematics and saw it calls for a 1W 1k2 ohm resistor. now all i could find at my local radio shack was 1w 1k ohm resistors. im assuming the 1k2 is 1002 and the 1k is 1000 ohm. is there a big difference between these values? the reason i'm not taking it to a shop is because they told me they charge $85 just to look at the amp (i already know whats wrong), and an additional $85/hour to fix the problem and they were hinting that the job was most likely not going to be done in the first hour. i just really need this amp to last me until january or february when i can most likely get an orange rocker 30.
Join the Palomino Players Guild!
Guitars:
Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR (18v mod; Big Block, D-Tuna)
1975 Les Paul Custom replica

Amps:
Orange Dual Terror Head
B-52 AT 212 - might sell this
Palomino V16...dead
1k2 means 1.2k, so 1200 ohms. 1k is just 1000 ohms, so you'll be about 20% out. You can probably order one off the internet for less than a dollar including postage. I'm sure someone can give you a useful website for it, if not use google
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
or you could get a 1k resistor and a 200ohm resistor in series.

but mouser has some 1k2 resistors, and you can get some that are much more accurate then the ones you get at radioshack too.
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Quote by ICANSEEYOU7687
or you could get a 1k resistor and a 200ohm resistor in series.

but mouser has some 1k2 resistors, and you can get some that are much more accurate then the ones you get at radioshack too.

damn i really wish i would've known that 5 minutes ago. i just walked like 20 blocks from radio shack...
Guitars:

Amps:
Orange Dual Terror Head
Palomino V16...dead
i can see what you mean by resistor accuracy. i just came back from another radio shack (i drove this time) and got 2 100 ohm 1 watt resistors. the three in series add up to ~ 1.180 ohm on the multimeter...
Guitars:

Amps:
Orange Dual Terror Head
Palomino V16...dead
Wait. You have the 1k from radio shack, then bought two 100 ohms from another radioshack and you claim they only add up to 1.18 ohms? That makes no sense. Do you mean 1.18k ohms? If yes, then that should be fine.
lol. ya i meant 1.180k, but its definately not good enuff. the resistors get too hot and fall apart. i need one resistor with a 1.2k value.
Guitars:

Amps:
Orange Dual Terror Head
Palomino V16...dead
i didn't see any 2w 1.2k only 2w 1.5k and 1k.
Guitars:

Amps:
Orange Dual Terror Head
Palomino V16...dead
also wouldn't putting a 2 watt resistor be like ignoring the problem? kinda like replacing a 5amp fuse with a 15amp so it doesn't blow, thereby technically making the fuse useless?
Guitars:

Amps:
Orange Dual Terror Head
Palomino V16...dead