Poll: What makes a solo a solo?
Poll Options
View poll results: What makes a solo a solo?
All the focus on that instrument?
39 83%
Nothing else playing
0 0%
Other (specify in post)
8 17%
Voters: 47.
im not sure if this has been done, but i'll ask

pit, what to you makes a solo a solo?

is it when all the focus is on that one instrument?
or
when nothing is playing except that one instrument
Quote by brandon369852
BW==D
B=W=D
B==WD~~~

^Fap.

Quote by ADCME
I use those bread bag clips as ninja stars, i once hit a Jehovahs witnesses guy on the head with one.

I squinted my eyes and said "Where is your god now"

XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: capn crayola
A solo is a specific part in the song written for that instrument, with or without other instrument backing.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
A solo when an instrumentalist takes the predominant role in an ensemble, or when playing without accompaniment.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Technically speaking, a solo is for one sole instrument to play.

But, in most popular music it means the band becomes a backing piece while the lead (usually guitar) takes the spotlight.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by Slaytanic1993
Technically speaking, a solo is for one sole instrument to play.

But, in most popular music it means the band becomes a backing piece while the lead (usually guitar) takes the spotlight.

The solo part, yes. But solos are often with accompaniment, unless you're talking about a classical cadenza or eingang (which never have accompaniment). Some solo literature is with accompaniment, some without, and that stands true for most any genre.