Page 1 of 2
This year will be my third year doin this, yet every year i tell myself, "I WILL NEVER EVER DO THIS **** AGAIN"

Black Friday, for those who don't know, is the Friday after Thanksgiving where stores in the US offer MASSIVE savings on almost everything, but to get these massive savings, you usually have to camp out in front of the store all night long.

ALL MOTHER PHUCKING NIGHT LONG IN THE FREEZING COLD WITH 2-500 DISGRUNTLED PEOPLE BEHIND AND IN FRONT OF YOU.

http://www.blackfriday.info/

An example of these savings at electronic stores you ask??

try a $2,000 flat screen TV, down to $1,000 (with limited numbers in each store)

maybe, a $300 digital camera, down to, anywhere from $100-150

and laptops around $299

The first year i did it, 10 to 15 police cars swarmed the place at like 4:59 because a bunch of black guys decided not to get in line, but storm the doors at the last second and fights broke out.
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Last edited by bjovi400 at Nov 17, 2008,
i went to best buy last year at like 5 am, all the great stuff was gone, but dunkin donuts was giving out free coffee and doughnuts so it was ok. : D
u guys actually know what black friday is rite??

it used to be the first day of the year that stores started to make a profit
so to expand on that they lowered the price on everything so more stuff would be bought and more money was made
that is no longer the case but the stores like to keep the spirit open

i did that 1 yr
staying out in the cold
yeah.......
never doing that again
stop bitching about having to wait in line and have some sympathy for those who have to work on black friday at the very store you will be shopping at. Just imagine working a 5am-2pm shift on BLACK FRIDAY at a store like target. i am NOT looking forward to that. But oh well, at least they cater.
Old king cole was a merry old soul, a merry old soul was he.
He called for his pipe, and he called for his bowl( ****ing stoner)
and he called information for numbers he could have easily looked up in the phone book.
do they happen to paint the devil on the wall at this event?

Hey, I don't feel so good.
Something's not right,
Something's coming over me
What the **** is this?
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
I went last year for the first time.

Nevar again...
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
What time do the people in the front of the line show up?
1. Open My Computer.
2. Open C:
3. Click on WINDOWS.
4. Open the folder "Media."
5. Click on the file "onestop."
6. Listen.
I've never gone out on black friday, but I want to run a dual 24" monitor setup, so I'll be going to best buy to get these Acer's the will have.
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
sometimes 3pm the day before ^^
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
I can't see myself ever doing that, it's way too common for me.
Sig space available, give me some praise
armed robbery is better. you get it for free.

you get to have guns

you get to have ballaclavas
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
my job REQUIRES everyone to work on Black Friday, almost no exceptions, and they get to choose your shift, which will probably be about 5:30am-2pm or even later than that. and i work at a hardware store so theres tons of shit to do, and all the old carpenters and anyone remodeling or anything will be in line, which means old men, or oldER men....although we get a few hot chicks coming through
Anti-Sig

███████
███████████
██████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████
███████████
███████
I go pretty much every year. Every store is like a war-zone. I remember people grabbing USB flash drives at Circuit City like they were candy.

I think I'm getting a printer somewhere this year.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Black Friday is my favorite holiday, period.
However, I'm more of a clothes shopper than electronics.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by CowboyUp
I've worked every single BF since I was 14

....how is it?
Anti-Sig

███████
███████████
██████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████
███████████
███████
Is this holiday only for electronics like at Best Buy and stuff? Does Guitar Center have any good sales on guitars this day?
bjovi, you are one crazy bastard

Get me something???
There's no death, no end of time when I'm facing it with you...
I'll be working on Black Friday. In a mall. Just thinking about it makes me want to hit the Jim Beam hard.
You think its bad SHOPPING try WORKING during that day, so god damn busy you wont know what to do first.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
That's really quite ridiculous. Sounds more like some sort of sick psychology experiment than a holiday to me.
I work at Wal-Mart, and our black friday started last Friday, we're supposedly going to have Friday specials every friday until Christmas, with Black Friday being the biggest though.

I have to work on BF, but luckily I don't go in until 3pm =D
Black Friday is merely an excuse for soccer moms to get violent over a dollhouse for their 5-year-old daughter.

Internet Shopping FTW.
^^YES!!! use this Coupon code at (www.Guitarcenter.com)before DEC 24 And you get 10% of anything you want!!

this is the CODE : TENOFF
Last edited by nudude at Nov 12, 2008,
Quote by MattIsTheCosby
Black Friday is merely an excuse for soccer moms to get violent over a dollhouse for their 5-year-old daughter.

Internet Shopping FTW.

Or anyone remember people go sh it crazy for cabbage patch kids or tickle me elmo.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by technicolour
no thanks, I'm canadian anyways, and our thanks giving is long gone

You still have Boxing Day sales, though.

Basically the same thing, but with an actual holiday attached.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
ive never gone before. i might this year. idk.

i'll probably just be hungover that morning though, so its unlikely i'll be getting up early to shop.
i've never done black friday, i feel like it should be an experience that i should take part in one day. it will probably just disgust me though.
don't go to the stores when you know there will be thousands of other people lining up in the front.
There will be bloodthirsty demons stalking the street,
They hack up their victims like pieces of meat....
Well I'm working at -Kenneth Cole New York (I like to do the fonts because it actually looks surprisingly like the logo), so I'm hoping for a good commissions check coming from that weekend.
Quote by All_Hands_Dead
my job REQUIRES everyone to work on Black Friday, almost no exceptions, and they get to choose your shift, which will probably be about 5:30am-2pm or even later than that. and i work at a hardware store so theres tons of shit to do, and all the old carpenters and anyone remodeling or anything will be in line, which means old men, or oldER men....although we get a few hot chicks coming through

I got paid time and a half for the entire day last year.
Thankfully I'm not working retail this time.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Page 1 of 2