so me and one of my friends I've known forever are the only two people from our class of 8 to go into a school of over 1000. We both have new friends and are still good friends, but there is a problem. He has no motivation, never does his homework, and just wants to drink his life away in a storage container(yes, a large metal storage container.) as a snowboard instructor. Hes 14. I have a 4.0 GPA and plan to go to college and be a Game Designer. (no 'omg ur such a nerd lolollololz!!!1111!!!' comments please) I try to help him realize he is smart and doesn't need to live his life like this, but it falls on deaf ears. Ive been thinking about just dropping our friendship, but hes a good person at heart. I don't know what to do!!! HELP ME!!!!

P.S. I'm a little confused rite now cause i just got put in 'the friend zone' by the 2 girls i had the best chance with. My life rocks. *sob*

EDIT: Did i mention i got put in the FZ by the girls ON THE SAME DAY. I felt like shit. Like shit that had just been raped.
I am an officially ordained Dudist Priest.

"Human beings are miraculous for their ability to learn and adapt from their mistakes, but even more so for their apparent disinclination to do so." Douglas Adams
Last edited by Don_Leno at Nov 12, 2008,
good luck convincing him to do that...

(oh, and get used to the friend zone as a game designer)
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
if you were really his friend you wouldnt care if he wants to do something you dont think is sufficient and would help him none the less
Quote by DirtyMakik
Pointless threads like those make me cry my bloody cum out.
Take away his booze and replace it with apple juice. And then just tell the girls you want to have intercourse with them. It will change their minds, trust me.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
EHX Metal Muff
Peavey Valvking 112
Boss ME-50
Holy Grail Reverb
I have a friend like this. He is perfectly content with only making enough money to pay rent for a shitty apartment and to get his weed everyday.

He sits in a shitty drywall container, oblivious to the world around him, stoned as ****.

The thing is, it is his decision.

If you don't like hanging out with him, then don't, but don't try to make him change his life. If he is happy, then leave him be.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
you only think you are in the friend zone
girls do that and it never is true
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
Its not necessarily up to you how he lives his life. I know you care, but you can't change him. The most you can do is show him you care about him and let him know how you want him to live his life(or not fuck it up, but you can't force him to do anything.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by Don_Leno
so me and one of my friends I've known forever are the only two people from our class of 8 to go into a school of over 1000. We both have new friends and are still good friends, but there is a problem. He has no motivation, never does his homework, and just wants to drink his life away in a storage container(yes, a large metal storage container.) as a snowboard instructor. Hes 14. I have a 4.0 GPA and plan to go to college and be a Game Designer. (no 'omg ur such a nerd lolollololz!!!1111!!!' comments please) I try to help him realize he is smart and doesn't need to live his life like this, but it falls on deaf ears. Ive been thinking about just dropping our friendship, but hes a good person at heart. I don't know what to do!!! HELP ME!!!!

P.S. I'm a little confused rite now cause i just got put in 'the friend zone' by the 2 girls i had the best chance with. My life rocks. *sob*

If your friend doesn't want to go to college, that's fine.

EDIT: I've had some further thoughts....
people take different paths in life and that's just the way it is. Most of my closest friends are people that I met in college and the only school friends I'm still close to went to college themselves too. We enjoy our geeky science conversations and other people just wouldn't get it.
So, it may cause you to drift but its not the end of the world
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
Last edited by Domino at Nov 12, 2008,
you'll learn at some point that its not about how clever you are or how good your job is, it's about how happy you are... That or you'll get some sort of management job. If he's happy and your his friend then be his friend and leave him to it
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
lol
yeah there is nothing you can possibly do to help your friend but be there for him
yes other people say that people can change give them a while
yeah.....
that doesnt work
you can try shocking him into reality by
and unfortunately this is bad
show him pictures of what will happen to him
get him to talk to someone that this has happended to
best thing to do is bring him one early morning to a soup kitchen or whatever your equavilient is and have him talk to the homless
have him hand out the bowls (thats normally the job they give noobs) to the homless
and they normally talk
if you talk to a few of them beforehand they will be happy to help "shock" your friend back into reality
if that doesnt work
nothing will
until its 2 late.....

hope that helps
srry but thats the only way
drop your friendship

the REAL problem is with those two girls who've just put you in the friend zone. you need to focs your attention on that not your loser friend
Quote by HeretiK538
Totally awesome, I love you.

Have my children.

Quote by conrad523
lol
yeah there is nothing you can possibly do to help your friend but be there for him
yes other people say that people can change give them a while
yeah.....
that doesnt work
you can try shocking him into reality by
and unfortunately this is bad
show him pictures of what will happen to him
get him to talk to someone that this has happended to
best thing to do is bring him one early morning to a soup kitchen or whatever your equavilient is and have him talk to the homless
have him hand out the bowls (thats normally the job they give noobs) to the homless
and they normally talk
if you talk to a few of them beforehand they will be happy to help "shock" your friend back into reality
if that doesnt work
nothing will
until its 2 late.....

hope that helps
srry but thats the only way

If I didn't want to get banned again I'd comment on this
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Quote by faultyy

lol
Quote by HeretiK538

Have my children.

Quote by faultyy

You can comment on things, just don't flame. Point out things wrong with the post, not the user, but do it justifiably, and you won't get in any trouble.

In short: "I messages, like "I feel like this when you do this." not You messages."

Follow me on Twitter
i know what you mean dude, i have my cousin who smokes like a pound of weed a week, and hes done acid 3 times and hes 14.
hes been drug tested so many times but he just wont stop smoking and doing drugs and drinking.
hes my cousin and before he did all that shit me and him were BEST friends and we have so many good memories, but now all he cares about is getting f***ed up.
im not trying to sound dumb or anything, but its wicked depressing.
i miss the old him, not the new drug addict him.
the worst part is that you cant force them to stop, cause then he'll just smoke more and drink more to piss you off.
hopefully he'll either realize its bad, or he'll hit rock bottom and almost die and THEN realize its bad to drink your life away.
just support him and try to help him. (and i DONT mean buy him booze and shit)
my 6 best friends:
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
LTD H-207 7 string
Ibanez Acoustic
Quote by faultyy

quote on it
i dont care
im all ears
Quote by conrad523
quote on it
i dont care
im all ears

for starters, you dont need to space everything midway in a sentence like its a poem.
Quote by HeretiK538

Have my children.

Dude don't drop your friendship over something that trivial. He's probably just going through a phase. Hell, you guys are 14, he might just be drinking because he thinks it's cool.
Member #4 of The Fulltone Users League
Member #68 of the EHX Users Guild

You Would
Quote by koalabacon
for starters, you dont need to space everything midway in a sentence like its a poem.

I messages! I messages!
Follow me on Twitter
As one said before you are too young to be worrying about this kind of thing. I am a college grad and my best friend ahs his GED. Way too trivial to destroy a friendship.
Quote by Øttər
I have a friend like this. He is perfectly content with only making enough money to pay rent for a shitty apartment and to get his weed everyday.

He sits in a shitty drywall container, oblivious to the world around him, stoned as ****.

The thing is, it is his decision.

If you don't like hanging out with him, then don't, but don't try to make him change his life. If he is happy, then leave him be.

He sounds like a good man.

Who cares? Though really, maybe he just found out that there a more important things in life rather than worrying about material things or what others deem important. Or what others think about him for that matter.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Quote by Don_Leno

EDIT: Did i mention i got put in the FZ by the girls ON THE SAME DAY. I felt like shit. Like shit that had just been raped.

how about you stop trying to mold your friend into what you think he should be. and maybe stop being a girl.
Quote by stilt37
how about you stop trying to mold your friend into what you think he should be. and maybe stop being a girl.

Stop flaming. How is he being a girl? And how can you classify anything he's doing as being of the opposite gender?
Follow me on Twitter
I feel like yhe friend on the other side. I'm smart, but i really don't want to go to college or be successful. I just want to make enough money to live and write music. My friend, on the other hand, doesnt understand why anyone would want to be a professional musician because they "hardly ever give you any money". Of course I tell him I don't care that much about money, and he gives me the "you're crazy" look.

I'm not saying you're a bad person, you sound pretty cool, but I can relate with your friend a little more.
Don't worry about that stuff right now. You guys are young and have time to think about things. Just be a good role model and be there for him in the present. If you go on different paths later, so be it. People learn more from example than from someone nagging at them I'm sure you have good intentions but people rarely listen to other when they feel they're being criticized. It can be really aggrivating on both sides, so I'd say you just let things happen as they are for right now and hopefully he'll see for himself that he's got more in him. Don't ditch him if you really care about him.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja