I have a Line 6 Spider III 75w. I play a Schecter C-1 XXX. My question is; for some reason I cannot get a decent sound out of the amp. I was wondering if anyone knows any good settings to use. I have browsed through all the pre-loaded and they all sound to fuzzy, or distorted or just not good. I am looking for a good Metal tone or Rock and Blues tone. Is it the amp or just the guitar?
Quote by nicktheblade13
I cannot get a decent sound out of the amp.

ibflame

That seems to be a really common problem. Alot of people seem to not be able to get a good tone out of it. The amp really is nothing but an oversized practice amp.
Last edited by Tommy Walker at Nov 12, 2008,
Its the amp. I use a Metal Muff with mine, it sounds better than the presets
My Stuff:
Epiphone SG
Jackson DK2M
Dean DOFlage ML
Dean Razorback db
VOX Valvetronix VT30
EHX Metal Muff
Dunlop Crybaby
Digitech RP90

Add me...
Quote by nicktheblade13
I have a Line 6 Spider III 75w.

I think we found your problem.
Put the overdrive on, and noise gate, low mids, loadsa drive and treble, and bass to your preference, and you might get a decent sound
Quote by nicktheblade13
I have a Line 6 Spider III 75w. My question is; for some reason I cannot get a decent sound out of the amp.

I hope you know that I am sigging the f*ck out of this.

The problem is Spiders suck horribly.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
There is a guy on youtube that got somewhat of a decent tone out of a Spider 75w(IMO)
Try
mid-0
bass-4
treble-9
Thought, I honestly don't know if you'll like it, it's kind of a modern heavy metal tone.
yea um, it MAY BE you amp
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
Yeah might as well get a new amp if you aren't satisfied, because sitting in front of the amp for hours on end is going to render you a vegetable. I'm not kidding. Plus Line 6 products don't take too well to most pedals so you're kind of screwed, and it would probably take upwards of 300 worth of pedals to get it sounding...well..somewhat to your liking. Get a new amp.
yeah Spider's are decent amps at best. I have a 30 watt, and it's great for practice but getting anything larger is really just a waste of money as they are useless for shows or anything but practice really
Quote by sXe170
There is a guy on youtube that got somewhat of a decent tone out of a Spider 75w(IMO)
Try
mid-0
bass-4
treble-9
Thought, I honestly don't know if you'll like it, it's kind of a modern heavy metal tone.

don't scoop your mids, that's the worst thing you can do IMO.. boost the mids if anything

having a line 6 is your problem.. i had one, and got a marshall MG instead, and yes, compared it sounded a million times better. Now i realized that sucks too.. saving up for an orange tiny terror
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
no point getting anything above a 30w for spiders really... good practice amps, but gigging is a big nono
I love my keyboardist, he's hot.

Quote by phlip999
The Pit is the epitome of higher learning and full of intillectual people who help the masses solve their problems.

The Llama Forum Bagel Group
Quote by BobChicken
no point getting anything above a 30w for spiders really... good practice amps, but gigging is a big nono

A Roland Cube is better than a Line 6 Spider.

They both suck, but the cube is better.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Well, its hard recommending new amps when you don't have a lot to spend because you probably won't be upgrading any from a Spider. However, for bedroom/practice amps, I'd recommend the following -

-Roland Cubes
-Tech 21 amps
-Orange Crushes
-Kustom Amps
-Laney Amps

All these companies make decent practice amps. That or just keep your Line 6 until you save up enough for a tube amp.
the holy wars solo steeing is good. try blues with a the flanger and delay boost thew bottom end. try insane red and boost the mids. if you dont like mids then set it to red metal and cut the mids. this amp does have somewhat a fuzzy tone, but it is not as bad as people on here think.
This is all just my opinion. The Spider series aren't to bad if you're buying the smallest there is just for use while playing at home. There are deffinatly better amps out there for the $100usd model of the Spider, although I do think that they're much better amps then the Marshall MG series. I've played the Roland Micro Cube and the small battery powered Vox (completely forgot the model name) and they sounded much better then the Spider and MG IMO.

You're not going to get anything you could call 'good' out of the Spider. Running a Metal Muff or any distortion pedal through the Spider isn't a good thing to do, and if anything, it'd sound worse. Every other pedal would make it sound worse as well. The second thing you shouldn't do is scoop your mids. Scooping the mids will just make it sound worse then it already is as the moment. You're best option is to actually sell the Spider and find a new, better, amp then what the Spider is. If selling is not an option then you should deffinatly try tweaking it in every way until you find something usable until you can afford a new amp.
Quote by sXe170
Try
mid-0
bass-4
treble-9

No offense but they sound like the worst settings I've ever heard
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
I have the same exact amp and can't get any decent tone to save my life

I'm actually gonna upgrade my amp soon enough
I have a 15w and my brother has a 75w, out of the 75w you can get a few good tones, but even then they still dont sound all that great
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by sharpant
No offense but they sound like the worst settings I've ever heard

I agree
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^