Ok, so i've recently started taking voice lessons and the teacher has scheduled an event where all of her students get to sing at a local coffee shop.

generally i'd have no problem playing a few songs, but the thing is that all, and i mean ALL of her other students will be performing opera or broadway songs.

I play acoustic, songs from the Red Hot Chili Peppers, World/Inferno, Nickel Creek, John Frusciante, and an assortment of other artists, but im not sure that anything i play will fit in.

should i just say screw it and play one of my regular songs? or can anyone suggest a song that may fit in better with the "classy" music?

the performance is a week away so i have time to learn just about anything, heres a list of possible songs i was considering
Soul to Squeeze - RHCP
Under the Bridge - RHCP
Road Trippin - RHCP
Anne - John Frusciante
Somebody more like you - Nickel Creek
or perhaps one of my own songs, which you guys could see here if you wanted
http://www.myspace.com/jreadmusic
Play whatever you want man it will make you stick out more and people will remember you. And just play Under The Bridge everyone likes that song.
Opera at a coffeehouse wtf... ?

anyway...

Soul to Squeeze is one of my personal favorites. Its really fun to play too.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
I cum blood...

sorry....
but seriously, do something that will make you stick out.
Last edited by GrungeJunkie at Nov 12, 2008,
This coffee shop is what I believe a time to show what you have learned. So what if you don't do what they do, embrace your differences.
Do you use a BR-600?
If so, click here to join the group thats made for you!
Under the Bridge ftw. I would cover it for a Christmas concert that's coming up at school, but the other people in my makeshift band aren't all too interested in it. I could always threaten them with violence...
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
i suppose playing something with a guitar is going to be drastically different than any of the other performances anyways, so i guess i will just do whatever.

im leaning towards soul to squeeze or under the bridge, although some chick i know wants me to play one of my songs. meh, i have a week to decide so i'll just see which feels the most comfortable to me.
Just do Under the Bridge, I'm sure the audience will prefer that over the opera ones.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
FREEBIRD!

sorry, seriously do Road Trippin'-RHCP ****ing awsome song!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Do Willie Nelson & Calexico's version of "Senor (Tales of Yankee Power)". I'll love you. And it will work well in a small, acoustic setting. And I'll love you.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.