My Behringer 1204 came today, and it sounds great through headphones, but I can't get anything to record to my computer using the included interface.

The mic input is all the way up on audacity, and I can even see the level go up on the mixer, but nothing goes to the computer. Absolutely no sound is picked up by the computer.

This is a huge problem because my band is ready to start work on our EP with this mixer, but it isn't working so we might be screwed unless some nice person on UG can help.

If you need more details, do not hesitate to ask. I will answer ASAP
so how are you connecting to your computer, through a mixer? which i guess is going from output channel and to the mic input no the computer.
what mixer have you got?
have you checked all the settings on audacity and have you turned everything up on the mixer. I mean everything, like all the masters and stuff. Might be you just haven't turned something up.
are you arming the track for recording? look for a little [R] button on the track
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
can you see the level going up in the DAW though? thats what you need to see
Quote by That_Pink_Queen

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
PRIVELAGED

Quote by groll01
can you see the level going up in the DAW though? thats what you need to see

Nope. that is the problem.
What software are you using? You probably haven't configured the software to work with the mixer properly.
There is poetry in despair.
Quote by fridge_raider
What software are you using? You probably haven't configured the software to work with the mixer properly.

Quote by CODE

audacity

have a look in the preferences drop down/tab (wherever it it is in Audacity) look for input/output or something similar
Quote by That_Pink_Queen

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
PRIVELAGED

^ Sorry, I missed that.

But anyway, yeah make sure you set the input and output on Audacity correctly. You may also need to do this with the Windows Sound Manager (in Control Panel). Ensure your drivers are installed correctly.
There is poetry in despair.
+1
Go into the prefs page and set the mixer as the input and output source. Chances are that's whats wrong. If not, go into the control panel and set the mixer as the default device.

Be aware that the mixer will mix all inputs to a stereo track and send it down the USB line. This means you are better off recording each instrument one at a time so you can route them to their own tracks in your sequencer. Also Reaper may be something better to use as it has many more controls and is better suited to recording whereas Audacity is more of a sound editor (in basic form.)