Me and my drummer were just looking through one of his old magazines, and it had an advertisement for an accessory called the e-bow. Supposedly, it's suppose to make your guitar sound like a violin when you use it. It's not exactly an effect pedal. You basically use the e-bow instead of a pick to play. I decided to do a little more research on it, so I went on youtube, just to see what it sounds like, and after seeing this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwq0i6jP7dQ I've come to the easy conclusion that I wanna get one. My question is, does anyone have any experience with it? Is it recommended, or are there other brands out that make similar things like the e-bow?
1950s Reissue Fender Stratocaster
Epiphone Gold Top Les Paul
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Ibanez TS-9
Boss BF-3
Boss DD-6
Wylde Signature Cry Baby
DigiTech Whammy 4
I've heard of it, and if you like that kind of thing I'd say buy one. I don't know if any other company makes something similar.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Fun to mess around with, hard to use practically.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Yeah we've heard of it. It's pretty cool, I gotta say... good for Dazed and Confused.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I've wanted one too, but never been able to find one at guitar center. The only song I know of that uses one-off the top of my head-is Wonderwall.
that's radical
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
sweet i wanted one, they arent too pricy, i think they are only 100 bucks or so they have a site somewhere google it its pretty cool if you ask me.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
They rock, they are easy to use live... lots of fun Can make your guitar sound like a violin.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
ive got one and trust me its possibly the coolest piece of gear ive ever purchased
i mainly got it after i saw a phil keagey demo of it but ive found it very interesting for dark metal solos
its also my 'god-tool' when playing spacey/pink floyd type stuff
fight the power... with peace

Originally Posted by Cockpuncher 2.0
Fail town, population you

When God said "Let there be light", Joey Jordison said "Say please".

Man is a universe within himself
Bob Marley
Pox!
They're extremely cool.. although I prefer a real bow sometimes.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
fernandes sustainer system?

leaves your picking hand free to play normally while still having the ability to sustain notes indefinitely.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
fernandes sustainer system?

leaves your picking hand free to play normally while still having the ability to sustain notes indefinitely.

Ah yes, forgot about that guy. A bit of work to install though, and you may have to rout your guitar to fit the circuit board. I think it would be a cool thing to build into a project guitar, maybe too much hassle to put into a working guitar though.
Quote by yomoma21
i saw jimmy page use this on whole lotta love

That is a theremin. not an ebow.
Quote by al112987
That is a theremin. not an ebow.

+1, theremins are very cool.
I have an Ebow that I got a couple of months ago.

It's pretty cool, and I like to use it in my loops a lot, and it's easy to get some cool trippy sounds when paired with a delay.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Get one!

If you were around in the 80s, you got one. The band Big Country really brought these things to the public's attention. Check out his single string E-bow solo at around 2:40 in the link below. I remember when I bought the record I said, "What the hell is that sound in that solo." Saw them live and saw what it was. I immediately bought an E-bow. Great little addition to a guitarist's arsenal.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX_AgUxbqNU&feature=related
lol.

it doesn't make your guitar sound like a violin, nor does it sound like a guitar being played with a bow.

it infinitely sustains the string you're holding and can be used with certain techniques to sound like you're playing with a violin bow, or sound like a brass instrument, or some other things.

it generally doesn't sound very nice on it's own, it's usually paired up with a delay and reverb.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Quote by Mitchell?
It's a cool thing.

Hendrix used one on a song or two.

****ing false
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
I own one,

It's a fun little thing for one or two songs it's like a wah, you use it all the time and its boring but its good for here and there
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era