Alright! Post your favorite strings here, guage and why you like them.

I like GHS Boomers for their everlasting "new" sound.

Forgot to mention, i like 9 guage

(I wanna try out some new ones, hence this thread )
Last edited by adlix at Nov 12, 2008,
Elixirs with the nanoweb coating or D'addario which is what I usually use. 11's of course
Di'Adario (sp?). My dumb friend always thought they were called "Dad-a-reos". Sounds like a Pizza joint...hahahaha!
I used to use Ernie Balls, but I really like that bright sound of new strings, so I've got some DR Red Devils on right now so that sound can last longer. 10-52 or 10-46 is what I usually like.

Plus they look pretty badass.
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Dunlop 10's because they're only $5
My Stuff:
Epiphone SG
Jackson DK2M
Dean DOFlage ML
Dean Razorback db
VOX Valvetronix VT30
EHX Metal Muff
Dunlop Crybaby
Digitech RP90

Add me...
I have tried a few over the years but I always go back to my Ernie Ball Super Slinkys (9's)
Picato RB-77's.

They're a hybrid-ish gauge; between 9's and 10's.

Ben.
Fudoshin.

XxX-Ben-xXx
everly b-52's are good, the 10-46 is what i use. pretty cheap too.
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
I use D'addario 10's but I'm about 95% of the way to convincing myself to try 11's
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Quote by Weapon_X
I have tried a few over the years but I always go back to my Ernie Ball Super Slinkys (9's)

I use these and love them.
Squier Strat (Jazz/JB) - Dunlop Zakk Wylde Crybaby - Boss MIJ HM-2 Distortion - Peavey Valveking 212 - Fender CD60
D'Addario 9's, it's just what I have, and I don't have a problem with them. Although I might switch to 10's when I run out.
Ernie Balls REGULAR slinky

I hate super slinkies...
Schecter Synyster Gates Custom
Peavey Vypyr 75w
Been done lots of time but what the hell. Love my GHS Boomers 10-46. Tried Slinky's and they are good but prefer the Boomers a lot more. Never understood the obsession some have with D'Addario's. To me they sound very bright and I could never get a tone I liked with them. Always been disappointed but to each his own
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Right now I have Ernie Ball Super Slinky 9's and they are great, but next time I get strings I plan on getting D'Addario's and moving to 10's, I heard they are great and I wanted to try them out.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottom on my LP (.52-.10), Super Slinkies on my Explorer (.42-.09), and Not Even Slinkies on my Strat (.56-.12)

They're my favourites by far.
Member of the Laney Cult
I've got some Dean Markley 09-46 on my Ibanez.. They're pretty good for the price($4).
Gear:

Ibanez RG350DX(White)

Marshall 1x12 Master Lead 30

Bass: Fender Squire Jazz-Bass

Accoustic: Standard Fender Accoustic.
I loved the GHS Zakk Wylde boomers with the heavy 4th 5th and 6th strings. The big E string will tear your fingers up. Right now I am using GHS 10s and I am very pleased with them. I have used D'Adrrio s and Ernie Balls but I feel GHS sounds so much better than those.
.10 gauge Elixir Nanowebs on a 25" scale neck, .9 gauge Elixir Nanowebs on a guitar with a 25.5" scale neck. They last for months without breaking or losing tone or stability.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
D'Addario .9's Yeah Son!
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Jackson Kelly With EMG HZ's
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Sierra 28ce Acoustic Electric
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
Custom Bass I built from spare parts
Fender Rumble 60 bass amp
Dunlop 10's
Gear:
Fender Standard Telecaster Electric Guitar Ash
Bugera 333XL 212
Dunlop Original Cry Baby >> Korg Pitchblack Tuner >> MXR Carbon Copy >> Boss DS-1