Page 1 of 2
So

I need some help doing my philosophy homework. This one takes some input on you guys.
All i need to know is the following:
1)Your age
2)What you believe the meaning of life is, or what in your in your life gives you meaning

Thats about it.

Thanks

Also i don't know if this should be in the philosophy thread or not, soooo, yeah.
1) 16
2) I think its basically to do things you love to do, and reproduce.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
1)15
2) Life exists in order to prevent nothingness, to progress. Once everyone is perfect, life will have no meaning, for there will be no more need to progress.
1) 15
2) Why not?
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
It shouldn't be in the philosophy thread I don't think...

Anyway, my age is 17 and finding the absolute meaning of life is just a stupid dream. Its up to you to decide what you are going to live your life towards, whether it be a single goal or a philosophy or way of life. I myself have chosen to trod the path of Rastafari.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
*enter hijackers in masks armed with pit humour*
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
your answer:

Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
1)18
2)42

Edit.Dam beaten to it!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
1. 17
2. monty python
when the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace

Starsceam of the Decepticon Transformers G1 Club
PM irishmatt1992 To Join!
1) 16
2) This is deep. When i start thinking of life i think of what came before and what comes after. I think when we find that out, we know what life is itself.
The Conservative youth of America!
1)19
2)Love what you do and who you're with
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I'm 17.
When I was younger I would sort of wonder what the world was about and stuff, and now that I'm old enough I can see that underneath EVERYTHING in the world, careers, money, music, love - there is one thing that every single one of us strives for, and that's sex.
So imo, obviously and originally we are ment for reproducing. Apart from reproducing, who knows? Surviving in general?
Modern age has changed it a lot. Now there has been given meanings like to be successful and make the most of your time etc. But I still see underneath everything, our purpose and goal will always be to have sex with people.

Edit:
I could also go to say that there is no meaning of life. We are here coinsidently through the formation of chemicals, that really doesn't mean anything. We have the same roots as everything else on our planet, rocks, metals/compounds/elements. What are their meaning? They don't really have a meaning, they're just there. Like us I guess.
So yeah I would also say, really, there is no meaning. We formed and well that's that.

I guess that's where "to give life a meaning" comes in, since there isn't really one, make one for yourself.
Last edited by CyanideChris at Nov 12, 2008,
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
1. 20
2. To stir the pot, and change the way things are done on some level, no matter how small. If you leave the earth without changing it, you have failed.
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
Quote by NailgunMassacre
why would you ask the pit this, the pit is full of brainless idiots with horrible advice

'Cause i needed to do this for tomorrow, and i needed to ask some people, and well i have no friends
1)16
2)to live and reproduce
Quote by HeretiK538
Totally awesome, I love you.

Have my children.

Quote by NailgunMassacre
why would you ask the pit this, the pit is full of brainless idiots with horrible advice

actually..... every post so far seems really helpful apart from yours......

and mine
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
Quote by NailgunMassacre

A common misconception. The only reason you see mostly those people is because they take every opportunity to post stupid shit and so their posts outnumber all the genuinely good post by about a hundred to one.

You know its funny, when I statred writing this post I had something to add to the discussion on the meaning of life but my mind has gone blank... Dammit.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
1. 15
2. To change things. Just think about it you are always changing something. Right now im changing the amount of coke left in the can,the amount of CO2 in the air. Im always changing something even if its too little to even think about.
In diesem Herz hab ich die Macht.

Gear:
Fender MIM HSS Strat (Wine Red)
VOX Valvetronix VT20+
Kay K390 Acoustic
1.) 17
2.) To make life what you want it to be.
But when I was high one day I guess this is what I thought the meaning of life was.

"The purpose of life is to overcome fear.
To overcome fear is to know everything which equals nothing.
Nothing equals fear which defeats the purpose of life.
If you don't fear then everything equals nothing.
Fear is equal to death.
Fear is controlled by emotion.
If we overcome fear there is no use "true" use for emotion, therefore we cease to exsist.
emotion equals the urge to know.
Having ultimate knoledge means to have no purpose which means we cease to exsist.
Having no purpose equals fear which is equal to death.
This pattern will never stop. It is endless. You can't break this cycle.
The Purpose of life is to not exsist."

^Don't ask^
Concerts
All Points West - August 1st
Krockathon 14 - August 8th
1. 19
2. To continue the cycle of life and death. To reproduce, to die. To give more than you take. To improve, to change. To make the world a better place for future generations.
It's gonna be a blue day
Last edited by perry589 at Nov 12, 2008,
Quote by jonnyrotten45
1. 17
2. monty python

1. 16
2. Where is the fish?
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
1)Your age
2) Increase the entropy of the universe
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Hey y'all!!! Me and my friend were over at her house. I we were wonder what guys think when they see a hot girl at the mall or whatever walk by. (We're both pretty as y'all would say "blonde" sometimes).

Quote by rabidguitarist
I just look like some homo.
2.love
fight the power... with peace

Originally Posted by Cockpuncher 2.0
Fail town, population you

When God said "Let there be light", Joey Jordison said "Say please".

Man is a universe within himself
Bob Marley
Pox!
Page 1 of 2