So I just wanted to check with the tube gurus who actually know something before I go and spend $200 on tubes for my 6505.

I am looking at the high gain kit for stock 6505s from Eurotubes.
For preamps it has 4x ECC83S-HG-K and 1x ECC83S-HG-B and for power; a KT88 - 6L6GC Integrated Quad.

I play metal.

Does this sound like it will suit me?
Rig:
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Peavey 6505 Head
Vader 4x12
BBE 482

DOD EQ
Boss NS-2
I recently ordered a high gain JJ set from Eurotubes and it all sounds great, but the balanced phased inverter for v4 came faulty but they sent a replacement for free. I'm not sure about the Peavey 6560 but if it comes with those type of tubes standard, JJ will only improve your sound
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
How do you feel about the amps tone now? If you feel it's a little too bright the JJs would be a good bet, if you feel it's a little dark or muddy then you probably don't want JJs since they are fairly dark sounding tubes.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
How do you feel about the amps tone now? If you feel it's a little too bright the JJs would be a good bet, if you feel it's a little dark or muddy then you probably don't want JJs since they are fairly dark sounding tubes.

Currently I have settings at Pre gain 6.5 Bass 8 Mids 6 Treble 6 Resonance 7 and Presence 5. So I would say a bit darker wouldn't hurt my tone.

Also; it still currently has Ruby tubes in it so I've heard to expect a pretty big step up in quality from JJs?
Rig:
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Peavey 6505 Head
Vader 4x12
BBE 482

DOD EQ
Boss NS-2
No experience with ruby tubes, but JJs are pretty good tubes. I'd order a a couple tungsol 12AX7s from another tube store along with that stuff just incase you find the amp too dark. If you do find it too dark a tung sol in V1 would brighten her back up a pinch.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not