ok so i have an RG120 and when i plug it in to my amp all it does is make this humming noise. i can't play anything, it just hums.
i know there's nothing wrong with the amp or cord because i can use my other guitar and it works just fine.
i've looked inside and no wires appear to be crimped or loose, i cleaned up the input a little bit and it seems to be in good shape.
so i'm really frustrated because i can't figure out what the problem is.

i've also noticed that if i hold my finger on or near the input while it is plugged in the humming stops. i'm no electrician, but it's like it's not being grounded properly? or is there a bad connection somewhere?

any help would be greatly appreciated
Quote by BlackandSilver
Kill 'em All in St Anger with the help of the Master of Puppets. He can Ride the Lightning, creating a Death Magnetic.

Myspace
Probably a problem with the input jack, i really have no clue. You should take it to a tech or something.
D;
that's definetly a bad ground, you'd have to make it check by a technician, it may come from any gorund in the guitar(pickups, jacks,etc...)
how does a bad ground happen?
cuz it was working one day and then the next day it didn't
just gradual wear and tear or something just breaks loose?

just wondering

and i'd really like to avoid taking it anywhere if possible
Quote by BlackandSilver
Kill 'em All in St Anger with the help of the Master of Puppets. He can Ride the Lightning, creating a Death Magnetic.

Myspace
That humming noise is you brain trying to resist the built-in mind control devices. When the humming stops Ibanez will have complete control of you mind and you won't be able to do anything but play Korn covers.
Quote by McFoss
That humming noise is you brain trying to resist the built-in mind control devices. When the humming stops Ibanez will have complete control of you mind and you won't be able to do anything but play Korn covers.

oh ok

(i can't stand korn anyway)

but yeah i found i wire that broke loose so i soldered it back together and it's all good
Quote by BlackandSilver

Myspace