Page 1 of 3

1. Marlowe
2. silencedeevolved

3. NinjaMonk
4. EagleTalon

5. bassbeat
6. DigUp

I'll give you all a week. So Wednesday the 17th by midnight; or I kick your shins.

Since no one else is running anything.

Mimic Comp Rules:

The idea is to get people to mimic your style and you mimic theirs.

If you want in:

• Say In
  • Post Links to at least 3 pieces you feel show a distinct style (in the same post you say in
  • Wait. This time, I'm just going to pick names out of a hat and assign everyone somebody

+3,+2,+1 comp.

Go kids.

1) zC
2) ninjamonkey76767676767676767676767Q*
3) BluesyBill(will)y*
4) Ed, Marlowe*
5) SteveBeat77*
6) silenceevolvescory*
7) cubbys*
8) ArcidianWarriiior*
9) digggggup*
10) bled away*
11) eeeglestalon
12) (synth)esizer Pickle.

* = I have your piece.

Mine:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=963079
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=955631
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=933634
Quote by Ninjamonkey767

Sure, as long as no one gets upset. I don't give a damn, lol.
when's this gonna be due? because i have a ton of exams next week, but then i finish school. i'd kinda like to be in, but only if i'm going to have time to write something.
O! music: Click (Youtube)

^ Click to see an acoustic arrangement of Ke$ha's 'Your Love is my Drug' - everyone's favourite song.
Vivamus mea Lesbia, atque amemus,
rumoresque senum seueriorum
omnes unius aestimemus assis!
Last edited by Eaglestalon101 at Nov 15, 2008,
In. If I can be that is... Mine are in my sig...
Quote by Ponyexpress
Grammar Nazis scare the living crap out of me mainly because I'm half Jewish

MY SONGS:
[thread="985311"]A Love/Hate Relationship[/thread]
[thread="985301"](All) I Can See[/thread]
[thread="983897"]My Heart is a Hand Grenade[/thread]
Due Nov 25

Here are the pairings (thanks to a handy random list generator). You will Mimic Each other and have a battle of "who's better at the others style" Then we'll have the winners in two groups of 3, top two from each group of that advance to finals. :

1. 9) digggggup
2. 8) ArcidianWarriiior

3. 1) zC
4. 6) silenceevolvescory

5. 4) Ed, Marlowe
6. 12) (synth)esizer Pickle.

7. 3) BluesyBill(will)y
8. 5) SteveBeat77

9. 7) cubbys
10. 2) ninjamonkey76767676767676767676767Q

11. 10) bled away
12. 11) eeeglestalon
are we supposed to be mocking the other person or just mimicking their style about whatever topic we choose?

or both?
I haven't even read them yet -- unless I've read them already, which is more likely the case.

I was just messin' with ya.
^ Fly, Marlowe.

And I'm mimicking the one person I haven't ever read before! ..w00t!
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
I've only been on this website since April and I have only been writing lyrics since March so if my material is frustratingly bad then I apologize :[
This will be interesting though, I'm still debating over what subject I want to use >_<
Anything generally cliche romanticism: sailing, travel, childhood, politics (class divides), hippie culture.

I don't have a clue myself. I'd much rather this were a competition where you took the form and the style and wrote your content in it
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Quote by DigUpHerBones
Anything generally cliche romanticism: sailing, travel, childhood, politics (class divides), hippie culture.

I don't have a clue myself. I'd much rather this were a competition where you took the form and the style and wrote your content in it

I finally came up with something today in theatre class. It's not as close as I'd like it to be but it's what I could manage. And like, you like to rhyme, and you like to just write stuff, so I combined that, where one verse/stanza is rhymeish and the next one is a big paragraph, etc. And that's not your style, but I wanted to show both of your writing styles in one...poem...lyric...I don't know what to call it Dx

Edit: Dang, I ended up writing something alot darker then what I've seen you write, dang it Dx
Last edited by ArcadianWarrior at Nov 21, 2008,
I get the feeling that Cubs is going to be insulted by my piece. This was the only piece where I couldn't say "**** you, I'm writing for myself"
I'm having troubles with this. Bugger.
Page 1 of 3