Page 1 of 2
Yes.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
Not in soviet russia.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Likely.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Call him out on it. Make him feel stupid.
Guitars
BC Rich Deluxe Series Warlock
Schecter Devil Custom

Amps
Crate GX900-h w/ GX412S cab

Effects
Boss NS-2
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell Wah
BBE Sonic Stomp
Korg Pitchblak
like coffee and soda

if so what is he doing wrong?
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Caffeine has killed more people than weed. I would say depending on the source of the caffeine, no.
I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲

Quote by dubstar92
like coffee and soda

Straightedge people aren't supposed to do any kind of drugs, some of them think it's ok to take caffiene, these people are hypocrites of the highest order and thus should be publicly drawn and quartered,
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
for some reason i think straightedge people getting tattoos is funny as well. i know its not contradictory to their lifestlye, but for some reason im just like...eeeehhhh, questionable.
Quote by dubstar92
like coffee and soda

No, you can buy caffiene pills in stores like CVS.
Guitars
BC Rich Deluxe Series Warlock
Schecter Devil Custom

Amps
Crate GX900-h w/ GX412S cab

Effects
Boss NS-2
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell Wah
BBE Sonic Stomp
Korg Pitchblak
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
Straightedge people aren't supposed to do any kind of drugs, some of them think it's ok to take caffiene, these people are hypocrites of the highest order and thus should be publicly drawn and quartered,

+1
Quote by Karvid
Maybe the number three has a human fetish

Quote by SeveralSpecies
It is a book by Michael Behe arguing for Intelligent Design.

I assume it has great tits because it has been repeatedly titty f*cked by REAL scientists.

Yes he is.

XXX=No drugs(excluding presrcibed medicine for health reasons), no alcohol and no casual sex
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
It was Aldous Huxley who said most humans require chemical stimulation... Caffeine is chemical stimulation... As are alcohol, tobacco, pot, mescaline, and every drug.
Tell your friend he's a fool who has it all wrong.
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Quote by shredfest116
No, you can buy caffiene pills in stores like CVS.

ahh well it isn't healthy to take to much but unless he is like Amish caffenine is ok. Now Cocaine, that's a hell of a drug.

Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
Yes he is.

XXX=No drugs(excluding presrcibed medicine for health reasons), no alcohol and no casual sex

Can they touch themselves at night?
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
All streightedgers should be drawn and quartered.

Dumb little sh*ts trash clubs and jump people for no goddamn reason. At least in other cases you can blame drugs/alcohol for people doing dumb things.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Quote by Sonicxlover
Likely.

You almost got in and kept the chain going.
Quote by Garou1911
All streightedgers should be drawn and quartered.

Dumb little sh*ts trash clubs and jump people for no goddamn reason. At least in other cases you can blame drugs/alcohol for people doing dumb things.

No those are Hardliners

They are militant Straight Edge kids who have it all wrong
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by dubstar92
ahh well it isn't healthy to take to much but unless he is like Amish caffenine is ok. Now Cocaine, that's a hell of a drug.

Can they touch themselves at night?

i think they can. I mean, it's healthy to do so, and straight edge people (at least the true ones) are all into keeping their body healthy and clean.
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
It depends on how strict they are.

Personally I do not consume caffeine, along with the typical alcohol, other drugs nor do I take part in casual sex etc etc

but I was not always against Caffeine and I still thought of myself, and was still looked upon as Staight Edge

it depends on how far you want to go.

Some "edgers" (as I jokingly call them, even though I hate that name) go so far as to be strict vegans.

It all depends.

If you ask me, the big ones are drugs, alcohol and sex.
Quote by sluffinator
Yeh this guy knows his ****... just listen to him XD

Quote by ScreamingCheeto
NaivexLi is anything but naive. His post was a pretty good source of info.

Thanks

Quote by MightyAl

Pro tip, kids - girls are NOT impressed by your blood.
Caffeine is technically a drug. It's also more addicting than pot.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
Quote by MyNameIsLame
Caffeine is technically a drug. It's also more addicting than pot.

So is, well, pretty much anything. Pot isn't physically addictive.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Quote by NaivexLi
but I was not always against Caffeine and I still thought of myself, and was still looked upon as Staight Edge

That's basically how I see myself. I'm kinda not following the "straight edge" label, but I still follow the ideas, to an extent.

All streightedgers should be drawn and quartered. Dumb little sh*ts trash clubs and jump people for no goddamn reason. At least in other cases you can blame drugs/alcohol for people doing dumb things.

Go get a lesson in punk history, straight edgers don't just run around and destroy things. Like whoever before me said, they're hardliners. They basically took the straight edge idea too far and beat it into people's skulls. Literally.

In fact, there's a Gangland episode about them and how they beat the **** out of people because they do drugs or drink, and they're all pretty stupid
A drug is something that alters your minds perspective, perscription drugs, are still, as their name indicates, drugs. Caffine is included in this as it stimulates the mind in order to keep you awake/alert.
I don't care if someone dosen't do any kind of drug, if they don't that's all great for them(though the no casual sex thing shows they're just a pack of fags) but if anyone is arrogant enough to actually call themself straightedge then in my eyes they've crossed the line into being complete douchebags, and therefore should be drawn and quartered
Hmm... so do straight edge people not even take prescription drugs and painkillers? What about shit like anesthesia for operations? Or is the lifestyle meant more for abstaining from casual use?
Quote by Kensai
Not in soviet russia.

Smack him in the face and tell him he's silly.
"Straight edge".

Even the name ****s me right off. So pretentious, so stupid. It's not even a "scene" as such, just a pompous excuse to say you are purer than someone else due to not "conforming".

We all know I am right. Why does every "straight edge" 14 year old advertise the fact? Oh the irony.

I don't know what is worse. People who talk about shagging all the time and drinking to excess even if they don't REALLY like it or those who make a big deal out of never drinking.
Well yes, as Straightedge people cannot be addicted to anything but it's less contradictory than if they had only one of ciggaretes/alcahol/drugs
Quote by Putrefaction
I don't care if someone dosen't do any kind of drug, if they don't that's all great for them(though the no casual sex thing shows they're just a pack of fags)

You're a pack of IDIOTS! Yes, you!

But seriously, maybe you should question him on that, but don't give him a hard time necessarily seeing as how some people here have already clarified there being certain levels of commitment.

I would call him out on it, just because I love to argue and make people question their beliefs when I have a chance.

And is he addicted? Like he came out of the closet and everything? Self-proclaimed caffeine addict? Cause if he just drinks a lot of coffee or something (or whatever his form of consumption is), maybe he doesn't even notice?
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Quote by Jackolas
"Straight edge".

Even the name ****s me right off. So pretentious, so stupid. It's not even a "scene" as such, just a pompous excuse to say you are purer than someone else due to not "conforming".

We all know I am right. Why does every "straight edge" 14 year old advertise the fact? Oh the irony.

I don't know what is worse. People who talk about shagging all the time and drinking to excess even if they don't REALLY like it or those who make a big deal out of never drinking.

That's why people that advertise it piss me off.

It has a name so you can feel as if you're part of a "group" so to speak, not to advertise the whole 'I am greater than thou" complex that many begin to have.
Quote by sluffinator
Yeh this guy knows his ****... just listen to him XD

Quote by ScreamingCheeto
NaivexLi is anything but naive. His post was a pretty good source of info.

Thanks

Quote by MightyAl

Pro tip, kids - girls are NOT impressed by your blood.
Your friend is rediculous. If you don't take drugs or drink or whatever that's your choice. SxE is just self-righteous bullshit.
It depends on where the caffine is from.
If it's like coffee or energy drinks(As long as he doesn't drink like 50 of them a day), not exactally. I have that problem, but it's becuase they taste good.

If he's like taking 20 5 hour energy's or pills, then somethings wrong
Quote by Rookie One
makes jizz shoot out of your don johnson
I thought i was straightedge, cause i don't do illegal drugs. But then i realized i take allergy and asthma medication, plus i love Dr. Pepper...................... so im not.

Guess your friend isn't then.
I know a guy who got SxE tattoos when he was drunk. No shit.

The idea of straight edge is appealing to me, the people who follow it are (mostly) absolutely repulsive.
Quote by MASTER768
I thought i was straightedge, cause i don't do illegal drugs. But then i realized i take allergy and asthma medication, plus i love Dr. Pepper...................... so im not.

As someone said earlier, prescription medication doesn't really count. Neither does Dr Pepper in my opinion, but only for low-level straightedgedness
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
Page 1 of 2