I'm looking for a cheap USB keyboard to do Midi sequencing in thing like FL with, for around $100.

I'd just be using it for recording some stuff, and maybe creating some techno-esque stuff in FL.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Sam.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Behringer and M Audio have it within your range...though they tend to be very small ones (25 key, 49 at best) and don't have that many knobs and sliders to mess around with.

Here...this is probably best for noodling around given your ridiculously small budget. If you can find a used Axiom at your price, get that instead.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Last edited by Fast_Fingers at Nov 12, 2008,
I'd go with M-Audio. They make good products, and have a selection of small MIDI keyboards on a budget.
There is poetry in despair.
I've been looking to replace my 49 key board for a true MIDI controller keyboard and have heard a ton of complaints at the studio central board about any of the M-Audio controllers. They look like great products though and I have always trusted M-Audio... In the end I will probably end up going with an Axiom anyways, they have a lot of features for a good price.

TS, You may want to look for a used controller on eBay. Having more keys is very helpful, at least to me it is.

I just cant see that Korg nanoKEY having a good keystroke feel...it would be like hitting a laptop key...
true about the nano key having laptop like keys. But its fifty bucks and its perfect for the laptop user.

Axiom is also quite nice. I enjoy the way they feel. good key and pad response.
Not sure about programming though and I have yet to use one where the transport controlls were synced with the host program (aka they didn't work)

You could always go with a cheap casio portable board. Then you get sounds (albiet not the best) built in so you don't have to use a comp if you don't want to/ if your just practicing. No knobs really, but you get built in speakers and sounds.

Good Luck,
-Ryan
Quote by fridge_raider
^What have you heard about M-Audio's controllers?

Mostly that they are cheaply built and I've heard reports of "computer glitches" on these controllers. I will end up testing some of these controllers in person before buying. With different feels to the weighted keys I feel that's an important step.

Some sources:
http://studio-central.com/phpbb/search.php?keywords=Axiom&terms=all&author=&fid[]=87&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

http://studio-central.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=66476

I made a post there to see what they suggested I look into and so far I have gotten responses for the Edirol PCR-500 and a used Korg Kontrol 49.
Last edited by moody07747 at Nov 13, 2008,
Alott of really cheap keyboards, like Casio and Yamaha ones have MIDI possibilities. They may sound crap, but MIDI is MIDI. You could look on eBay. Only downside is that don't have ptch/mod wheels often
I ordered an M-Audio Oxygen 8 v2 yesterday - only looked at around 5 reviews.
It should be here tomorrow - can't wait!

If you want a cheap USB/MIDI keyboard (like me), then its the cheapest around.

I'd be happy with anything - I want to start making synth based music, etc.
So, should work great for me, tight budget.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
If there's anything in the Korg Nano collection to get excited about, it's the Kontrol (video review). I'm surprised that you can get 8 good faders for less than $100. Sure they're not motorized, but it's pretty much all you need for a hobby.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Thanks a lot guys.

I think I'm gonna hunt down a 49 key Korg Kontrol.

Thanks again,
Sam.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.