How much gain can this thing give out, can it get like jcm 800/900 gain from it, and could it touch metal or atleast post hardcore with an OD pedal? I'm just browsing around some local used sites and cam across this, also does it have a ext cab hookup?
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
I doubt it could reach metal tones at all, given that it's a clean-only amp with no gain control... the most it could reach is probably AC/DC.

Look into something else if you want JCM level gain - perhaps a JCM itself.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
I doubt it could reach metal tones at all, given that it's a clean-only amp with no gain control... the most it could reach is probably AC/DC.

Look into something else if you want JCM level gain - perhaps a JCM itself.

The JTM30 and 60 are completely different amps than the JTM45.

It can pull off some good rock tones, and is actually quite similar to the JCM900.

This is a pretty good video of what it will do: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0jcOeEcCy4&feature=related

The JTM30 and 60 are notorious for overheating though, if you get one, be sure to place a fan behind it at all times just in case.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Nov 12, 2008,
thanks for the info. Also I'm guessing 30w is loud enough for jamming with a drummer, but would it get loud enough for small gigs? I'm also guessing that I won't really be able to get a "clean" sound since it'll probably break up when the volume is almost maxed out...Am I right?
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
Quote by mrxtreme_4
thanks for the info. Also I'm guessing 30w is loud enough for jamming with a drummer, but would it get loud enough for small gigs? I'm also guessing that I won't really be able to get a "clean" sound since it'll probably break up when the volume is almost maxed out...Am I right?

15 watts is loud enough to gig with. 30 watts would be fine.

Cleans are achieved by rolling your guitar volume back.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by mrxtreme_4

Have you heard a 30 watt tube amp cranked before? Depending on your situation you probably wont HAVE to crank it at all, let alone put it past like 5.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals