Page 1 of 2
I own an agile al-2000 (everything stock)
I own a peavey vypyr 15 watt ( dont care for it much tho)

I am a distortion head i love the sound of metal and rock i now how a good amount of money to buy and amp or guitar that fits my needs and i dunno which ones to get

all i know is that i am going to guitar center Friday and buying something for 550$ because it is my b-day!!!!
Uhh megadeth or soad or metallica or uhh 3 doors down guns n roses i mean anythign with rock in it hard rock or metal
i dunno what any of those are can u give me links to what they are and if they sell them at Guitar center?

because that is the place i am going to Friday
Best go with an amp if you're not pleased with the one you got now and you're satisfied with your guitar.

Like gab4554 said, try Vox amps, you're probably going to want to be looking at something in the Valvetronix XL line if you're into metal.

I have a regular 50W Valvetronix and they're amazingly good value. Not sure how much in USD though.
Gibson SG Diablo . Fender Cali Series Strat . Modded Epi Firebird . Seagull 25th Anniv. CW
Korg Pitchblack > Vox V847 >
Big Muff π TW >
Boss OC-3 > Memory Boy
Vox AD50VT
Quote by mcrfobtai
Try to find a Bugera?
Used 5150.
Used JCm900?

Those are your best options
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Quote by Powerstrike
i dunno what any of those are can u give me links to what they are and if they sell them at Guitar center?

because that is the place i am going to Friday

I see what you're doing. Don't plce value in GC. Go used, you can get a much better amp.
any peavey valveking? which one should i get? and what metalmuff ? please yall i need links to these items
Here's the link for the Vox XL range if you're interested:

http://www.voxamps.com/us/valvetronix/xl-series/

But yeh, other posters have better options if you're willing to go second-hand.
Gibson SG Diablo . Fender Cali Series Strat . Modded Epi Firebird . Seagull 25th Anniv. CW
Big Muff π TW >
Boss OC-3 > Memory Boy
Vox AD50VT
Quote by Powerstrike
soo metalmuff and valveking and vouches??

3 People have told you your best options.

None of them have included VK and Metal Muff.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
i might not be gigging yet but i am gonna jam with freinds and play at home i jsut want a great distortion tone for what i can get with $550 at GC

soo far i am leaning towards peavey valve king and metal muff or somekind of vox they have at GC

but i need other options besides like marshall jcms and bugeras because those r way to expensive even used
All you can do is try at the store if you're going that route. Pick which amp best suits your needs.
Big Muff π TW >
Boss OC-3 > Memory Boy
Vox AD50VT
Quote by Powerstrike
i might not be gigging yet but i am gonna jam with freinds and play at home i jsut want a great distortion tone for what i can get with $550 at GC

soo far i am leaning towards peavey valve king and metal muff or somekind of vox they have at GC

but i need other options besides like marshall jcms and bugeras because those r way to expensive even used

For christ's sake, CHOOSE ONE THREAD AND DELETE THE OTHER.
Don't have two threads on the exact same thing go on at once.

The Vox XL series mentioned in the other thread is not too great.
Get off the Peavey Valveking with Metal Muff, you're pretty much eliminating the use of tubes if you use that over the clean channel. The lead channel IS good enough for up to thrash, but don't get it since you have money for something better and aren't looking to mod it.

EDIT: ^+109372109
-.- this is all soo hard to choose!! i looked on craigs list for great amp prices but even those jcms and bugeras are over my maximum amount of money !!

i wish some1 could lean me toward a specific amp
Quote by Powerstrike

i wish some1 could lean me toward a specific amp

Do it yourself, we don't have YOUR ears.

You think a Vyper sounds bad, I like them. See different.

Test them when you go on friday, and don't get an MG or Spider (not bandwagoning, I HAVE played through them on more than one occasion, even gigged alongside them )
hmm ok i will jsut try every single amp out in my price range hopefully i get the right one lol
Quote by dudey5691
Do it yourself, we don't have YOUR ears.

You think a Vyper sounds bad, I like them. See different.

Test them when you go on friday, and don't get an MG or Spider (not bandwagoning, I HAVE played through them on more than one occasion, even gigged alongside them )

Best advice your gonna get. /thread pretty much...
Big Muff π TW >
Boss OC-3 > Memory Boy
Vox AD50VT
Quote by acdcrocks0323

That's not the end all amp, despite many people considering it.

TS, try it out on friday, as they are bound to have it.

OH yes, try out the Peavey XXX and JSX... if you fall for them, you could buy a Peavey Ultra [Plus] used or [practically new from Ebay.
They really are amazing amps.
^I agree wholeheartedly, but that is likely the best he can get new. If he goes used I would deifintly suggest a Mesa F-30 or Laney AOR. It is likely he wouldn't be able to try those in person so I suggested that amp as my favorite for his genres in his pricerange.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
^I agree wholeheartedly, but that is likely the best he can get new. If he goes used I would deifintly suggest a Mesa F-30 or Laney AOR. It is likely he wouldn't be able to try those in person so I suggested that amp as my favorite for his genres in his pricerange.

True.

I guess it's a hit-and-miss really... you can only do so much new with this limited budget. That B-52 is great, but let us let TS ears decide in two days time.

/thread?
i was just asking jeesus dude i never heard of them and i wanted some info on them but fine ...
Quote by Powerstrike
i was just asking jeesus dude i never heard of them and i wanted some info on them but fine ...

Use the searchbar and My Friend Google for that.

I don't mean to come off as a prick, but unless you specify certain things, you leave room for assumption.

And my assumption from your posts in this and your other thread tell me that you just want to spend $550 on a new amp to spend $550 and say you have a new amp, whether you will like it a year from now or not.
You jumping on each new suggestion and disregarding all other suggestions says that you aren't really looking for help, you're looking for answers.

And really, "... but fine" in the sense you used it proves your ignorance.
Grow up a bit, will you? We're trying to help. We can give you answers.
YOU go test the amps, since YOU'RE the one buying it.

1) Read the thread
2) make a list of all suggestions made
3) go to GC on friday
4) Test every amp on list, and write a paragraph about each and how you think it sounds (or use a scale of 1-10 or 1-20 with a few words, if you're short on time)
5) Narrow down choices to as narrow as time allows
6) Re-test final choices
7) Make a decision

There, I helped in more ways than one...
this is the same guy that wanted to trade his gear into GC and we tried to talk him out of it and then I couldn't find his gear that he said he tried to sell on craigslist.....so i wouldn't spend a ton of time on this thread if i were you.
Quote by dudey5691
Use the searchbar and My Friend Google for that.

I don't mean to come off as a prick, but unless you specify certain things, you leave room for assumption.

And my assumption from your posts in this and your other thread tell me that you just want to spend $550 on a new amp to spend $550 and say you have a new amp, whether you will like it a year from now or not.
You jumping on each new suggestion and disregarding all other suggestions says that you aren't really looking for help, you're looking for answers.

And really, "... but fine" in the sense you used it proves your ignorance.
Grow up a bit, will you? We're trying to help. We can give you answers.
YOU go test the amps, since YOU'RE the one buying it.

1) Read the thread
2) make a list of all suggestions made
3) go to GC on friday
4) Test every amp on list, and write a paragraph about each and how you think it sounds (or use a scale of 1-10 or 1-20 with a few words, if you're short on time)
5) Narrow down choices to as narrow as time allows
6) Re-test final choices
7) Make a decision

There, I helped in more ways than one...

This guy's right bro. You gotta make the decision, we can only tell you what to look at.

Being the incredibly nice guy I am, though, I'll sum up the thread by linking you to all the suggestions and throwing in a few of my own. Then when you go to GC, try them all and then decide for yourself. Take your guitar with you also and play through each of them.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Vox-Valvetronix-AD50VT-50w-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp-102806882-i1145847.gc There's several bigger and smaller variants of this amp for you to consider.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-ValveKing-112-Combo-Amp-104003397-i1145634.gc These are hit or miss but almost everyone agrees that without mods, they're not that good. For high gain metal you'll need a distortion pedal like the metal muff suggested earlier.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/B-52-AT-112-60-Watt-1x12--Tube-Combo-Amp-103733606-i1170731.gc

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Roland-Cube-60-Guitar-Amp-480197-i1145267.gc

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Valve-Junior-Combo-Amp-103236469-i1145291.gc

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Crate-V-Series-V18-212-18W-2x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp-487055-i1322757.gc

Play all of those AND anything else you can find in your rage at GC, and if even then you're clueless come back here. And do some research on those amps before you go, learn their differences etc.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
If you like the sound of it, then why are you asking us? I wouldn't get it because I don't like it, but if you do then it's your money.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Page 1 of 2