I understand an amp that has two inputs for separate channels, or an amp with two inputs for passive and active pick-ups. But why would an amp just have two inputs? I was looking at one of the Crate acoustic amps and am just puzzled as to why have two inputs with only one set of e.q. or effects knobs.
Two guitars or guitar and vocals are common for acoustic amps to have. Or if you wanted to switch instruments quickly and run em thru the same amp.
so two people can play on one amp
"How to fly: Hurl yourself at the ground and miss."
-Douglas Adams
Pround member of the Motley Crue club.
Most of the time its because one of the inputs has lower gain than the other. For instance My VH100 has a "high" input and a "low" input. for better distortion I use the "high" and for better cleans I use the "low".
Sig What?
a better question is, why are you looking at crate acoustic amps?

but like said on an acoustic amp, 2 inputs usually allows for a mic (xlr) and a guitar input.

^or in some elecetrics a high and a low.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Thanks for the answers. Just wondering if a mic and a guitar into the same amp using the same EQ is a wise idea.

Quote by jj1565
a better question is, why are you looking at crate acoustic amps?

Come on, that little Crate Taos is a nice little acoustic amp.
Right now I play my acoustic through a Fender bass amp...it gives me a no bells and whistles sound that perfectly replicates my guitar sound. I guess I am now looking for bells and whistles.
LAf, for $200 you can find a nice little pa system. even more bells.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011