Page 1 of 2
Alright, I've been a fan of Jason Mraz for a while because of his awesome lyrics, but his band rocks too! Check out this live video. The solo blew my mind. Its sort of a bluesy deal starting at 3:57 and then it gets distorted at around 4:32. Wow. Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0QL3cdni8Q&feature=related
Quote by archangels666
I thought Jason Mraz was Jason Mraz's guitar player...

But damn, that was a good solo.

And is it just me, or does he kind of look like John Mayer in that video?

Almost exactly....
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
awsome artist
Quote by steven seagull
Everytime you feel your attention waning go the mirror and say outloud to yourself...
"I am Rockasaurus Sex...I have the most awesome username in existence and I will ROCK!"
Jason Mraz is my guilty pleasure.....I have no singing voice

EDIT: that guitar...
Quote by Spartan070sarge
I wasn't aware that Eric Cartman was a UGer.

He said that about me

Last edited by rokknrollldude at Nov 13, 2008,
ughhh this makes me love him 2167 times more.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

sweet.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
ok. for like 20 seconds I hated Jason. now honestly, all this guys songs just make me love the radio. and I mean that in the best way possible.

just an awesome band.
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Wow. 14 consecutive posts of UGers agreeing with something other than rape and/or fapping.

EDIT: AND IN THE PIT TOO!!!

Where the hell am I?
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Last edited by x_thurston_x at Mar 5, 2009,
Quote by mynamewontfit
I LOVE the really metal looking guy on the bongos, could he look more out of place?

Was thinking the same thing..

I have a theory that he was the drummer but since he could only play blast beats, they made him play bongos instead
good solo, but theres a lot of 'dirt' in there. he does strike an odd string ehre and there when he bends. but that makes it sexier in my opinion. not technically perfect, but theres a lot of 'soul' in there.
Quote by x_thurston_x
Wow. 14 consecutive posts of UGers agreeing with something other than rape and/or fapping.

Where the hell am I?

I know right

I have never listened to him before though, so I will reserve judgement.

upon closer inspection, he is alright

that solo was pretty impressive, really tastefully done, nothing over the top
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Its a pity most people wont listen to any other of his songs except that horrid :im yours" song.
GEAR
Legend LP
Nylon Acoustic
Legend 10D Amp
Korg AX3G

flickr
Quote by x_thurston_x

Where the hell am I?

It's all right, I hate Jason Mraz. All is good and right in the world.
Quote by x_thurston_x

Where the hell am I?

Well this isnt really the pit its a sort thread which has kind slipped through an alternate reality (the music discussion forum). Yeah...

*Jazz music*

return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
i always thought he was an annoying little pop princess since i'm yours was on the radio, but this is pretty cool.

and he wears a Van Halen T-shirt, that just eminates cool.

*Edit* and he has a metalhead on Bongos, his band just eminates cool.

*Double-Edit* the guitarist has a PGM in the background!
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

Last edited by aradine at Mar 5, 2009,
I really feel I should say something negative to end this agree-fest

it feels wrong...
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

He's one of the rare artists who actually do very well live. Most don't nowadays.
am i the only one who think that cheesy blues solo is absolutely 100% cliche. come to think of it...i could write a blues song, take that exact solo, change one note. then retards and people above the age of 45 would be licking my asshole in praise of my blues writing skills. honestly.. why is it that all blues sounds the same, and i dont get any differing feels between any song i ever hear
My Metal (gp5) Songs

Quote by iimjpii

Quote by TEK34
A PE teachers got a shotput in the side of the dead

Head + dead = dead?
Quote by jamesdtsx
am i the only one who think that cheesy blues solo is absolutely 100% cliche. come to think of it...i could write a blues song, take that exact solo, change one note. then retards and people above the age of 45 would be licking my asshole in praise of my blues writing skills. honestly.. why is it that all blues sounds the same, and i dont get any differing feels between any song i ever hear

good thing nobody gives a rats ass about what you think
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

I used to hate Jazon Mraz with a passion. But my best friend is a huge fan, and she made me listen to him, and I gained so much respect for him. This made me like him even more. And the guy on the bongo is more of a Rastafari than a metalhead.

I respect Jason Mraz, i used to like him (geek in the pink was awesome :p) but that was then before he went more commercial with his im yours song, now im a metalhead so that type of stuff i just cant listen through.

over here he is way ovverated, yes he is good, but dont start bowing down to him or anything, most people i know are in love with him
I see you're not using the UG black theme

Originally posted by GOD
akm_202, i now announce you, king of awesome. You may bow down to me.
I've only heard "I'm Yours" before.

This is actually quite good.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
That was great. Kind of reminded me of Pink Floyd, with the keyboards and the solo and the spacy lyrics.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Quote by jake_1234
Its a pity most people wont listen to any other of his songs except that horrid :im yours" song.

I really like that song, it is very islandy
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt
What the hell? I remember this thread from like, October...

November*

[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Wow. That was awesome. I'd only ever heard "I'm yours" and that song sucks ass. This was pretty sweet though.
Page 1 of 2