ok. heres my situation.
ive got 4 people in my band
drummer
lead guitarist(me)
rhythm guitarist/vocals
bassist
to me and the singer, our band is the top priority and we are willing to make big indivisual sacrifices for the band. but on the other hand, our band is not our bassists top priority. our bassist chose to get guitar hero world tour($190) rather than helping with the band fund(a new mixer which we desperately need). we have asked him for a portion of his xmas ernings but he has decided to spend it on a computer. he doesnt seem enthusiastic about the band anymore but when we ask him, he claims he still wants to be a part of it. even though hes one of my best friends, i would like to kick him out but around where we live, there isnt much musicians.

and our drummer...well lets just say my grandma is better than him. he seems enthusiastic but snowboarding (which he also sucks at) is his top priority.

so the question is..if this was your band, would you kick them out?
Originally Posted by InvaderTSN
Step 1: Buy popcorn.
Step 2: Cut hole in bottom of popcorn bucket.
Step 3: Stick penis through hole.
Step 4: Ask date to get some popcorn.
Step 5: ???
Step 6: Profit!
yes on the bass player. he's not comitted and bassists are a dime a dozen (at least where i live)

if your friends with the drummer keep him unless someone really really good comes along
depends on how serious the band is, imo. if you guys are young, inexperienced, and its just one of those garage bands that practices once a week, rarely gigs, and basically like a "first" band type thing i wouldnt blame them. pull these guys aside and tell them whats what(unless you already have in which by all means kick them out). band leaders should step up and make sure there is no slack in the rope. in my experiences the worst thing is getting the boot but not receiving any indication of why.
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
Last edited by the boogieman at Nov 12, 2008,
we would really like to find a commited member but is really hard to do that where i live..
so should i just keep them until we find someone

or

do we kick them out immediately
Quote by the boogieman
depends on how serious the band is, imo. if you guys are young, inexperienced, and its just one of those garage bands that practices once a week, rarely gigs, and basically like a "first" band type thing i wouldnt blame them. pull these guys aside and tell them whats what(unless you already have in which by all means kick them out). band leaders should step up and make sure there is no slack in the rope. in my experiences the worst thing is getting the boot but not receiving any indication of why.

thats exactly what our problem is...
we would like it to be serious and be able to take it to a new level, but with our bassist/drummer we cant realy do that. but at the sametime, if we kick them out, we are left with 2 members
Dont be mean by kicking them out for money issues... It is nice to see you want to expand and get a mixer but if they don't view the band as their top priority then you shouldn't expect them to dish out money for something that doesn't mean as much to them as you. You should find more people similar to you but also look at it like this... if you all fork in cash for a mixer and a couple want to quit.. who gets teh mixer? you all contributed to it so you all own it.. and that makes an issue...