ok i have a question for you guys. i have been playing guitar for several years and for some reason or another i ended up liking to use a dime to play. i dont know how this happened or why it happend but it did, and i hear from some people using a metal pick isnt very good cuz it creates a bit of a tapping sound when i strike the strings. i have never really had the amp cranked to really hear this, but i thought i had noticed someone making metal picks, and was wandering if they are really all that bad, or if i should try and play with a traditional pick as opposed to a dime ??
I wouldn't be so much worried about the sound it makes, but more so that it can't be good for the strings and would probably cause a lot of breaking.

But if it works for you, more power to ya!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
dosent billy gibbons use a quarter?

but yeah you will go through more strings probably
but other then that it should be fine
just give me a fender and let me rip
it makes the sound on the amp come out tinny
but its all preference
you can buy an amp pedal to counteract it if ur totally serious
and yes they make metal pics
its all in the guitarists preferance
Quote by sk8board3r
dosent billy gibbons use a quarter?

That he does.

And yes they make metal picks.

I own a copper one - its lost somewhere in my house though lol. Roope Latvala of Children of Bodom uses metal picks (nickle, I think). Don't know of any one else off the top of my head that uses em though.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
That he does.

And yes they make metal picks.

I own a copper one - its lost somewhere in my house though lol. Roope Latvala of Children of Bodom uses metal picks (nickle, I think). Don't know of any one else off the top of my head that uses em though.

Brian May?
thick/dense pick = easy to play, very heavy attack, dynamics disappear, best for super fast shred
thin/light pick = difficult to play, very mellow sound, more control over dynamics, best for soulful blues

The differences between the two are most noticeable when you're strumming.
yeah i do go through strings a little more than i would think normal, but other than that it just seems to be a good comfortable fit. i wish someone actually made a round pick, but it is always nice to reach in for some pocket change and find a pick..lol. also i have tried to the quarter thing as i had read one day EVH recorded the solo to "what i want" with one off of VH3, and tried it, but the dime just felt better.

not to change the subject but i see people talk about a metal muff dist. pedal and have eben thinking about getting one to try but i see three diff part numbers on musiciansfriend. anybody know which one is the more poplular one ?

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ElectroHarmonix-Micro-Metal-Muff-Distortion-Pedal?sku=150128

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ElectroHarmonix-Nano-Pocket-Metal-Muff-Distortion-?sku=150099

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ElectroHarmonix-Metal-Muff-with-Top-Boost?sku=153339