Page 1 of 3
So, I left college in July, and came home to live with my family while i got back on my feet. When I left, it was because my depression, which i usually could manage, just took me over. I really couldn't leave my dorm, would spend days in bed, and go for multiple days without eating. Thing is, my parents never believed me that I have all of this. So now, I'm living at home, and tried going on medication, which didn't work. It just more put me in a perpetual bad mood, so i got off of that pretty quickly. Now, I'm scared that it's literally gonna kill me. My parents treat me like shit, accusing me of laying on the couch all day and not even trying to get another job (I am). I'm just scared. I quit my last job for the same reason i left college, i just couldn't stand myself. My parents are gonna charge me rent from now on, so the money I saved up to see my girlfriend (long distance relationship since i left for college) is going to that. The only things my parents tell me are "better sell your guitars" and crap like that. WTF do I do now? I can't say I need to see a doctor again, because they seriously don't believe me about anything. It's bad enough now that I have anxiety attacks almost every time i go outside of the house, and I don't go a day without thinking again about suicide. I just feel ****ing pathetic, but I'm really trying, and no one believes me about it. Idk. I'm just on the edge everyday, and i've got nowhere to go.

tl;dr
I'm turning emo. And I once had intercourse with an ostrich.
Quote by irishstang_87
And I once had intercourse with an ostrich.

only part i read, but congratulations
Clocks tick. Your days are numbered in low digits.
You look suspicious - suspect niggas is bitches,
Get chopped up, grade-A meat, somethin' delicious
Quote by irishstang_87
tl;dr

I'd love to hear this story.
Ostriches sure know how to put-out.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Quote by RPGoof
I see no ostrich in your wall of text
you have disappointed me.
But I didn't read it, ctrl+f ftw

Dude I know how you feel. You're in this state of mind where you feel like it's gonna be a while until things get better or it's never gonna get better. I'm there right now. Try doing some excercise.
Quote by ughhhhhhhh
ohh man your girl is far away in college? =/

yeah, in Kansas. I'm in colorado.
You screwed an ostrich? Thats why your so f*cked up. Go see a therapist.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
EHX Metal Muff
Peavey Valvking 112
Boss ME-50
Holy Grail Reverb
Wow you got some serious issue's dude...

Maybe this will cheer ya up, You're Not The Only One!

Now tell us that Ostrich story !
ALL HAIL HYPNOTOAD

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Dude, I think I would know, Trivium invented Thrash, Metallica are lucky they got as far as they did piggy-backing off of Trivium's signature style.

I actually read it, so that last line caught me off guard a bit.

Why can't you see a doctor yourself? Don't they have walk-in clinics or anything like that near you? Is there a teacher or mentor or someone like that who could help you out?
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by GodofCheesecake

I actually read it, so that last line caught me off guard a bit.

Why can't you see a doctor yourself? Don't they have walk-in clinics or anything like that near you? Is there a teacher or mentor or someone like that who could help you out?

Already did, and he put me on an antidepressant that really ****ed me up. I wouldn't dream, I'd hallucinate, couldn't sleep, went from having mood swings to just being depressed all the time. I quit after being on them for 3-4 months.
dude that sucks, jobs are hard to find right now, so maybe you should explain that to them, but hey dude u have an 87 stang? or maybe that's when u were born, either way don't sweat it bro shit will get better hopefully, right?
D;
Waaaaahhh!!

//wrist

Just remember, MCR has made a difference.

that was fun

Nice work with the ostrich thing, though. I almost actually read the paragraph.
Last edited by synpet713192 at Nov 12, 2008,
Dude, I know what you mean. Until recently, I was really bad, but I've gotten a lot better. I've got two friends that are bad, but getting better too. Partly because I talk to them about their stuff. So my advice is for you to get out there, make some friends, and find someone to talk to!
bands/artists I've seen: Protest the Hero, LIGHTS, Andrew Bird, Flight of the Conchords, Incubus, Nine Inch Nails, Between the Buried and Me, Guthrie Govan, Cynic, The Devin Townsend Project, Scale the Summit, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Darkest Hour
depression is hard to cope with, my GF has it, and i have no idea what shes on about, but aparently its real, and some bullshit,

so, from the other side of the fence, i can understand that ya parents are just like "get a ****ing job and stop complaining"

so, IMO, go see a councilor, if theres like a youth help place locally, there usually is, and get some advice there.

and "its" not going to kill you, your going to kill you, if you dont want to die, you dont do it, so dont stress over that.

and ive came to realise that people not accepting that you have a problem can definately add you it, so i recon you should go get some advice about how to handle ya rents, and even if there are some brochures or somin on it, and force them into reading it.

either way, DO NOT SELL YOUR GUITARS!

and congrats with the big bird.

ohh, and ill get a job. be a burger boy at maccas, that way you dont have to talk to people besides whom of which you work with, you know, stay away from hospitality (unless you can be isolates)

and thats my rant.
*Enter Sig Here*
well, it sounds like you just need change. whether its a change in a whole lifestyle or a change in daily routine, it should help you. best of luck bro.
Quote by ughhhhhhhh
dude that sucks, jobs are hard to find right now, so maybe you should explain that to them, but hey dude u have an 87 stang? or maybe that's when u were born, either way don't sweat it bro shit will get better hopefully, right?

Not yet, but got money in the bank for one '87 Black 5.0
Quote by SonataFanica
Get over it.

thats a little cynical. you have no idea how depression works and how it effects everything
I'd have thought that seeing a doctor and convincing him that you needed medication would be enough for your parents to believe that you, uh... need medication.

But really, you've got something to look forward to. I'd focus on that trip to see your girlfriend, things might suck now, but maybe when you see her all that stuff will just melt away.

Women can do that sometimes...
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Medication doesn't help some people, and you sound like one of them. Counseling is the way to go, you sound like you need some one-on-one time.
Airship is liek teh best giitar playr evr!!111!1!

Quote by solidgay
Don't use distortion pedals. Just bury your guitar for three weeks, and then dig it up, that should do the job.

^Best Reply Ever!

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!
I seen the part about the bird and I nearly loled it was so close man.!
Quote by Survivalism
The Dual Rectifier is my sexy finishing move.

Quote by Survivalism
Nobody knows the words to Evenflow, they all just go "bramamamamamamamamaamamamabooowwllofcornflakes"
Quote by GodofCheesecake
I'd have thought that seeing a doctor and convincing him that you needed medication would be enough for your parents to believe that you, uh... need medication.

But really, you've got something to look forward to. I'd focus on that trip to see your girlfriend, things might suck now, but maybe when you see her all that stuff will just melt away.

Women can do that sometimes...

Yeah, they can. She's pretty great like that. Thanks for the advice, bro.
sweet bro, i had one (a 92 gt) but gas was too much and sold it when gas was like at 4 bucks now its back down to 2.30 and it sucks, but that's gonna be a sweet ass ride man, i hope u get it dude.
D;
Quote by Hale_91
depression is hard to cope with, my GF has it, and i have no idea what shes on about, but aparently its real, and some bullshit,

so, from the other side of the fence, i can understand that ya parents are just like "get a ****ing job and stop complaining"

so, IMO, go see a councilor, if theres like a youth help place locally, there usually is, and get some advice there.

and "its" not going to kill you, your going to kill you, if you dont want to die, you dont do it, so dont stress over that.

and ive came to realise that people not accepting that you have a problem can definately add you it, so i recon you should go get some advice about how to handle ya rents, and even if there are some brochures or somin on it, and force them into reading it.

either way, DO NOT SELL YOUR GUITARS!

and congrats with the big bird.

ohh, and ill get a job. be a burger boy at maccas, that way you dont have to talk to people besides whom of which you work with, you know, stay away from hospitality (unless you can be isolates)

and thats my rant.

That's what gets me, they know how much time i spend just playing, and how dedicated i am to it, and yet, that's their solution. I love my parents, but man...

^Yeah, thanks, sucks that you sold that, man. Fox's are still the sweetest 'stangs around, imo.
Quote by irishstang_87
Yeah, they can. She's pretty great like that. Thanks for the advice, bro.

Do as GodofCheesecake says! That will keep you going for now. But for the long term, counseling would do you some good.

Quote by solidgay
Don't use distortion pedals. Just bury your guitar for three weeks, and then dig it up, that should do the job.

^Best Reply Ever!

Quote by imdeth
Quote by black007hawk2
Do as GodofCheesecake says! That will keep you going for now. But for the long term, counseling would do you some good.

I'm thinking about it, it's just that idk how much it would help, and i really can't afford it. I don't have my own insurance, and even if i use my parents i'll have to pay the copay, which i really can't afford. And yeah, he knows what he's talking about. He is, after all, the God of cheesecake.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by irishstang_87
I'm thinking about it, it's just that idk how much it would help, and i really can't afford it. I don't have my own insurance, and even if i use my parents i'll have to pay the copay, which i really can't afford. And yeah, he knows what he's talking about. He is, after all, the God of cheesecake.

Yeah, I didn't think of the money issue lol. I'm sure you could find a support group at least. You better listen to the God of Cheesecake, or he will smite you with his almighty wrath.

Quote by solidgay

^Best Reply Ever!

Quote by imdeth
Quote by GodofCheesecake

seriously, though, i appreciate the advice, not knowing anyone in colorado is really getting to me.

^I know, I try to stay on his good side What can i say. I love cheesecake.
Quote by irishstang_87
...perpetual bad mood...

tl;dr

That bird thing was hilarious.

But my advice in all seriousness is do something about your condition. You are only making it worse by complaining. I'll quote Christopher Titus when I say "...but why don't you climb down off the cross, use the wood to build a bridge and get over it."
Quote by in2thesun88

That bird thing was hilarious.

But my advice in all seriousness is do something about your condition. You are only making it worse by complaining. I'll quote Christopher Titus when I say "...but why don't you climb down off the cross, use the wood to build a bridge and get over it."

Ha, I love that show

You're right, I know. But I just have no idea what to do about it.
Page 1 of 3