I've seen a few help threads for philosophy and sociology around on the Pit, so I got curious what the Pit has adopted as their personal manifesto.

Personally, I follow my variant of Objectivism, with an emphasis primarily on Metaphysics, but less focused on Politics, other than unalienable rights.

What's yours?
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
I am a proponent of pseudo-intellectual neo-twatism.

Join us.
Last edited by blackflag49 at Nov 12, 2008,
To think that anyone's "philosophy" can be summed up in a few words is a drastic over-simplification.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by Vornik
To think that anyone's "philosophy" can be summed up in a few words is a drastic over-simplification.

You can explain in detail if you want. I don't care. Write your own Manifesto in this thread. Do what you want.

Usually, people use broad terms like Objectivism and Odinism to embody certain traits of their philosophy, then broaden their views in a few sentences/paragraphs.

What I used as mine is a drastic over-simplification, yes.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
The word philosophy is of Ancient Greek origin: φιλοσοφία (philosophía), meaning "love of knowledge," "love of wisdom."
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
There's a few. I've been having a peaking interest in Transcendentalism, Existensialism, and most importantly, Rationalism. I'm not sure - I've been pessimistic about my viewpoints lately, it seems.
SAVE THE JAZZ

"Remember, there are two kinds of people in the world:
People who finish things, and"
My Manifesto:
Music is like food
Food is good
Music is good
Therefore, I like turtles
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by tremeloud
The word philosophy is of Ancient Greek origin: φιλοσοφία (philosophía), meaning "love of knowledge," "love of wisdom."

Mostly, people use it as an expression of their beliefs.

Also:

Philosophy is the study of general problems concerning matters such as existence, knowledge, truth, beauty, justice, validity, mind, and language. Philosophy is distinguished from other ways of addressing these questions (such as mysticism or mythology) by its critical, generally systematic approach and its reliance on reasoned argument.The word philosophy is of Ancient Greek origin: φιλοσοφία (philosophía), meaning "love of knowledge," "love of wisdom."
I enjoy philosophy, but does it even make sense to say that "it's your philosophy"? Because philosophy is a study of general problems such as existence(i pretty much quote wiki). It makes more sense to say that "philosophy holds a personal belief true that i find important to me"
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
Balls and wieners man, balls and wieners.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
as long as people dont thy to skrew other people (in a bad way of course)
i could care less
the older you do get the more rules they're gonna try to get you to follow. You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N.

Quote by GibsonRocker14
you can use guitar strings to skin carrots....

wait.... wuttt???
Quote by ledhead67
There's a few. I've been having a peaking interest in Transcendentalism, Existensialism, and most importantly, Rationalism. I'm not sure - I've been pessimistic about my viewpoints lately, it seems.

Bro... Transcendentalism and existentialism are nigh incompatible... get to know what you are talking about, especially what you hold as your core philosophy
I don't care.

My philosophy is that people can believe in whatever the hell they want, and as long as they leave me out of it, I won't bother them. I don't care about them. I think it's against my moral code to try and brain-wash people into thinking what you want them think. I believe that there SHOULD be anarchy, but i think that it won't happen, because people in this world are too stupid and close-minded to realize the true meaning of an Anarchy beyond the fact of no laws so they can steal cars if they wanted to, which is stupid. Most of my other philosophies can be classified under those things I just said... i see no need to explain any further.
inb4hakunamatata

i say, "if it has no solution, then no need to worry, if it has a solution then, why do you worry?"

yeah
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Radical nihilism.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
Pastafarianism.
Schecter Tempest Custom
Squier Jagmaster
Epiphone Les Paul Jr. (Modified)
Crafter D-8

DOD FX50-B > EHX Little Big Muff > Digitech Whammy 4 >
Dunlop Cry Baby > Zoom G3 > Boss DD-7 > Digitech Digiverb

Orange OR-15
Marshall Valvestate VS100
Quote by Patty-cakez
I don't care.

My philosophy is that people can believe in whatever the hell they want, and as long as they leave me out of it, I won't bother them. I don't care about them. I think it's against my moral code to try and brain-wash people into thinking what you want them think. I believe that there SHOULD be anarchy, but i think that it won't happen, because people in this world are too stupid and close-minded to realize the true meaning of an Anarchy beyond the fact of no laws so they can steal cars if they wanted to, which is stupid. Most of my other philosophies can be classified under those things I just said... i see no need to explain any further.

Good thoughts.
Quote by E_squared
Pastafarianism.

That's a religion
Quote by Travlembo
Bro... Transcendentalism and existentialism are nigh incompatible... get to know what you are talking about, especially what you hold as your core philosophy

Well, I would not say that I hold them as my "core philsophy". I just appreciate some of the points of each. I don't necessarily agree with all of either.
SAVE THE JAZZ

"Remember, there are two kinds of people in the world:
People who finish things, and"
Jesus played guitar and Buddha played bass, thus making Jesus superior to Buddha.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Quote by captaincrunk
I follow the WWKD, or What would Kant do? set of ethics and principles

Kant says no.
i'm Human

hear me roar
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Probably some sort of rational transcendentalism. they mix in my head well. just don't always agree with my tongue. Just got into reading Emerson's 'Nature' and man it is amazing how similar this stuff is to the way I think, It just all clicks when I read it.
Apparently according to my 11th grade (current) English teacher I was the first one in 5 years to say that I was inspired by Emerson. True this may be in a Tennessee public school (not bad honestly though) but it made me think about the environment I'm in, what kind of people I'm around day to day. Sometimes it gets me by knowing how I'm different.
Moar Cowbell!!!!!
founder of the MXPX group, pm me to join

PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!!!!!!

Wii number: 7054 3894 4223 2011
Hakuna Matata! What a wonderful phrase

Hakuna Matata! Ain't no passing craze

It means no worries for the rest of your days

It's our problem-free philosophy

Hakuna Matata!

Anyway, I'd say I'm somewhat of a Nihilist.
Quote by Perfection 101
If we all had this guy's clarity of thought, world peace would ensue

Quote by Zugunruhe
incidentally, there are absolutely no results for "bizzare anal kazoo" on google.