Page 1 of 2
Recently I have been thinking a whole lot about death, and I don't know why. But, the thought that one day I'll be dead is scaring the living **** out of me. It's almost come to a point where I just don't want to do anything anymore because I'm in such scared state. I don't even have the urge to play my guitar! I understand that we all die and I can't stop it but I'm so f'ing freaked out right now!

Edit: I am "Christian" but not baptized yet because I don't 100% believe yet. I think I'm more of an agnostic (sp?)
Last edited by Fender_Fever at Nov 12, 2008,
Relax, you probably not even going to have any impact on the world, so no one is really gonna miss ya.

Its all good ma friend
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
Read some gore lyrics. The fear of being ripped in half by dull blades and raped in the duodenum and eye sockets is MUCH scarier than death itself.
What's so scary about death? There's really nothing to miss. No matter what you think happens in the afterlife. Just appreciate your life. Do what makes you happy. There's no pain after death. Unless you touch yourself.
"cemataries are full of people who thought the world couldn't get along without them"

chill man
Paul Gilbert
Steve Vai
Joe Satriani
John Petrucci
Ah, yes. I remember the first time I really realised that I’m gonna die. Scary stuff. Just remember that there is nothing you can do about it and have fun while you can.
Also the best way to be remembered it to do something really destructive. I think it’s time to get killing. I’m not sure what the serial killer high score is, but I suggest you get started.
Quote by synpet713192
Read some gore lyrics. The fear of being ripped in half by dull blades and raped in the duodenum and eye sockets is MUCH scarier than death itself.

being raped in the duodenum would be boring
That happens to me sometimes late at night. I try to avoid thinking too deeply about things when I have nothing better to do than think. Don't worry, you'll be just fine in an hour or so. Try listening to some happy or fast-paced music.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
i'd write a song about it
My Gear:
Epiphone Classic Les Paul
Ibanez JS1000 w/ Seymour Duncan Jazz and Pearly Gates
Alverez Acoustic
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Boss GT-8

Add Me?
Are you scared of going to the bathroom?
No, becuas eit's gonna happen anyways, whetehr you like it or not.

Same with death. No matter what you do, you will die.

Life and death are not important. It's what you do with your life taht counts.
make something of your life, so it isn't wasted in death, and you will be happy.
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Your suffering from one of the many manifestations of Anxiety. Whatever you do, do not research Anxiety or any of that stuff, TRUST ME. Talk to friends. Engage yourself in the things that comfort you and keep you rooted to this world, even if you cant play guitar, talking helps greatly. Time is the healer my friend.
Equipment
Ibanez RGT42FX
Takamine G406S
Randall RG100G3
Digitech Metal Master
alright, #1 dont listen to the a-holes who are saying kill urself.. u all should be ashamed, my dad killed himself... not a very good choice. thank you for making me relive that... anyways, dude i have two tips, one is find religion if u so feel its needed, im not very religious myself... but hey, faith keeps everything going, and another thing.. live you life now, the better you live now, the less you need to fear in death.. peace man
Yeah dude, I have that same problem.

Theres nothing I can really do to help you, you just kinda gotta figure it out for yourself. Worrying isnt going to help you out at all and you just accept that one day it will come whether you like it or not. Also, it seems scary at a young age but when youre old youll be looking forward to it.
go smoke a bowl or five with some friends
the older you do get the more rules they're gonna try to get you to follow. You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N.

Quote by GibsonRocker14
you can use guitar strings to skin carrots....

wait.... wuttt???
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
Life and death are not important. It's what you do with your life taht counts.
make something of your life, so it isn't wasted in death, and you will be happy.

Wouldn't that, in turn, make life important? Thus negating your thesis?
That's no way to live, bro

I had a weird feeling of death today. I was laying in bed trying to take a nap. All of a sudden I was half-asleep, and I saw white, and I couldn't move. I layed there paralyzed, and thought "Huh.....am I dying or what the fuck's up?"

Then I fell asleep and woke up shortly just fine

And it wasn't a dream either. Weird as shit
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
It's just because you're young. When I was like 13, I was just like you, scared of death and all that. Then 2 of my cousins 16/17 and my aunt and uncle 42/40 died in a massive car accident. I was 15, at first it was hard and I was still scared, but then my Dad died and shortly after his dad (my grandpa) died of a broken heart/old age. My grandma died shortly after. By the time I was 18 about 15 of my immediate family had died through accidents/natural causes. Now I am 20 and have been lucky- only 3 of my friends I would call close have died in my entire life.

After you have been to over 10 funerals of people you were close to, you'll realise its natural, unavoidable and can happen at any moment. To this day I don't think of death at all- I think it's because I have experienced it ten fold. I am greatful though- I am lucky- I can't even imagine what the kids in Iraq/Somalia/China or other ravaged countries go through.
Quote by Stevietver1
alright, #1 dont listen to the a-holes who are saying kill urself.. u all should be ashamed, my dad killed himself... not a very good choice. thank you for making me relive that... anyways, dude i have two tips, one is find religion if u so feel its needed, im not very religious myself... but hey, faith keeps everything going, and another thing.. live you life now, the better you live now, the less you need to fear in death.. peace man

Also, love is the unbeatable cure to almost everything. If you find someone you love and loves you, youll hilariously most likely think "What the f*ck?, why was I so worried about death, whos got time for that shit when this person means more to me than almost anything and I need to savour every moment of it".
Equipment
Ibanez RGT42FX
Takamine G406S
Randall RG100G3
Digitech Metal Master
Reminds me of an Iron Maiden song called The Clairvoyant. "Isn't strange that soon as your born your dieing?" You're dieing right now. Were all dieing right now. Just get over it.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by BringTheRain
Get a religion

Haha well put.

But seriously, if you live life in a way that makes you happy - probably making you feel like you are a good person overall, then when the time comes, you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

And hey, if all goes well, you'll die peacefully before a nuclear holocaust or something terrible of the like.
And that would be a nicer way to die.

Or, alternatively, to die while fighting a full-grown, angry grizzly bear, careening at full speed down the slope of Mt. Everest. While on fire. With sharks being inexplicably dropped from the sky.

That would be AWESOME.
Oh no he just divided by zero again...*gets sucked into vortex*

Originally Posted by Sirwinston89
whoa man this is turning into the Dream Theater appreciation thread!!! If only every thread kicked this much ass!

You're welcome
Quote by merfsullivan
Wouldn't that, in turn, make life important? Thus negating your thesis?

No

Death itself is nothing.

Life itself is nothing

The things you do in life are important, as when you die, that's all that remains
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by matx33
Haha well put.

But seriously, if you live life in a way that makes you happy - probably making you feel like you are a good person overall, then when the time comes, you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

And hey, if all goes well, you'll die peacefully before a nuclear holocaust or something terrible of the like.
And that would be a nicer way to die.

Or, alternatively, to die while fighting a full-grown, angry grizzly bear, careening at full speed down the slope of Mt. Everest. While on fire. With sharks being inexplicably dropped from the sky.

That would be AWESOME.

Or a real strong acid trip.
Equipment
Ibanez RGT42FX
Takamine G406S
Randall RG100G3
Digitech Metal Master
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
No

Death itself is nothing.

Life itself is nothing

The things you do in life are important, as when you die, that's all that remains

But if doing things in life is important, then that makes life important. Since you wouldn't be able to do them without. Thus making life important.
*plays Necrophobic riff*

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Actually your body doesn't officially start dying until around the age of 25.
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
that happens to me all the time. just remember that everybodys gotta die sometime. and that your day will come. and it will happen when it happens. until then . live life till its fullest. worry about it when its happening. or else youll regret all of the time you lost stressing out about it.
Quote by merfsullivan
But if doing things in life is important, then that makes life important. Since you wouldn't be able to do them without. Thus making life important.

Not really, as people who are cosnatntly fearing death are already dead, and never truly live.

People who go though life doing nothing out of the ordinary, have wasted their lives.

That's where the unimportance of life is.
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by tremeloud
Actually your body doesn't officially start dying until around the age of 25.

But were one day closer to death. i could live today, sleep through the night safely, get up and walk out the door and have a bus land on me and kill me tomorrow. Or maybe not tomorrow. Maybe the next day? And on and on.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by GNiCk89
That's no way to live, bro

I had a weird feeling of death today. I was laying in bed trying to take a nap. All of a sudden I was half-asleep, and I saw white, and I couldn't move. I layed there paralyzed, and thought "Huh.....am I dying or what the fuck's up?"

Then I fell asleep and woke up shortly just fine

And it wasn't a dream either. Weird as shit

Sleep paralysis, probably. Although I'm not sure about the white. It might visual hallucinations to go with the SP.

And TS, I think a lot of people go through this "phase"... You'll just get used to it, I suppose.
I often get thoughts of the same thing. Only when i'm alone for a few days though. I often feel writing helps get your mind off of it or lets you express it until your not thinking about it anymore.

But cheer up dude, you've got your whole life ahead of you.
Page 1 of 2