So every time i go to write a new song I've found that i always write about the same Person. Even if it starts out about something, or someone else it always ends up having something in it about the same girl. I was wondering if anyone else has this some thing going on in there writing, and also i want to know if anyone has any advice on how to stop it.

I use think that if i wrote the perfect song about her I'd stop but after this many I don't think I will
aids

serious edit: maybe your in love
Quote by MeltingWaxFace
Afterwards I said to her "Why did you blitz my asshole like that?"

Last edited by carbonchemicals at Nov 12, 2008,
Maybe you're writing from your heart but that's all it feels. Or maybe those sappy love songs/ breakup songs are simply so overdone in the music world that they simply feel right. Either way you should just move on from this person, or start listening to different music and become inspired by it.
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
Firstly try writing a song about her but using really obtuse metaphors so it looks like it's about something else.

If that doesn't work then try writing anything that isn't a set of lyrics; short story, prose, anything just try writing in a different form, even if you end up writing about the same person it may be more cathartic than trying to get your feelings out of your head in the relatively structured lyrical form.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

If that doesn't work then try writing anything that isn't a set of lyrics; short story, prose, anything just try writing in a different form, even if you end up writing about the same person it may be more cathartic than trying to get your feelings out of your head in the relatively structured lyrical form.

Or write lyrics similar to Beck.

"In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey
Butane in my veins and Im out to cut the junkie
With the plastic eyeballs, spray-paint the vegetables
Dog food stalls with the beefcake pantyhose
Kill the headlights and put it in neutral
Stock car flamin with a loser and the cruise control"

Seriously I bet after doing something abstract like this you'll feel completely unbound.
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
don't get me wrong there really good quality songs and i love to sing them but i fell like its getting very old
Eric Clapton made a whole album about one woman,

It worked for him...
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
Quote by slidething31
Eric Clapton made a whole album about one woman,

It worked for him...

i have enough for a whole album
I get other people to write lyrics for me.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by tremeloud
Or write lyrics similar to Beck.

"In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey
Butane in my veins and Im out to cut the junkie
With the plastic eyeballs, spray-paint the vegetables
Dog food stalls with the beefcake pantyhose
Kill the headlights and put it in neutral
Stock car flamin with a loser and the cruise control"

Seriously I bet after doing something abstract like this you'll feel completely unbound.

Hell yes, Stream-of-consciousness abstract-ism ftw!

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
ive had the same problem dude. ive even written songs about this particular topic haha. I just try to write about something that has nothing to do with relationships. like say partying, or something going on in the world or a hobby, or maybe just a song about a mood.
"yeah, well, you know...

that's just like... your opinion man."

-The Dude, His Dudeness
Quote by StSOF
So every time i go to write a new song I've found that i always write about the same Person. Even if it starts out about something, or someone else it always ends up having something in it about the same girl. I was wondering if anyone else has this some thing going on in there writing, and also i want to know if anyone has any advice on how to stop it.

I use think that if i wrote the perfect song about her I'd stop but after this many I don't think I will

Need new material? Ask that chick out, get dumped, then write a bunch of metal songs.

Your welcome.
Gear:

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard
- Saga LP Copy
- Godin Seagull Acoustic
- Roland Cube 60
- Fender G-Dec
- Jim Dunlop Crybaby
- Guitar Rig 2
Quote by StSOF

then resurrect Duane Allman and make a 7 minute song with 4 minutes of piano and slide guitar solos
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Quote by Floydian45
Need new material? Ask that chick out, get dumped, then write a bunch of metal songs.

Your welcome.

idk about that
now our relationship is so bad that we don't even speak or even look at each other and still i cant seem to stop writhing about her
like to day i started writing this

i love to hate you
and i'm sure that you do to
its complicated
and its gone to far to save it
but heaven to me would be having you for one more day

which is good i think but i've just got to stop
Tell her what you've done. With luck, she'll be so creeped out she files a restraining order and with distance your feelings go away. Or, if luck is not on your side, she'll like it. Expect more writing about her in either case, but in the latter it will last longer.

Or, if all else fails, you can go with the Pit standard and just rape her. (I can't believe this far down the thread no one said it yet.)

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

thanks for the advice
after this last song im really going to try
but sense i see her every day its going to be hard
but i'll give it a shot
StSOf
Quote by StSOF

Dude dont worry about it. Just write what you feel, and if it comes out like that then oh well...

But you cant write like this forever so dont worry about it being permanent.
My signature has doubled...
Quote by StSOF
thanks for the advice
after this last song im really going to try
but sense i see her every day its going to be hard
but i'll give it a shot
StSOf

You're still in school dude, you don't know what pain is.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

well i hope things dot get that much worse because i've only got about 6 months left
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

What an arrogant and presumptuous generalization.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by StSOF
well i hope things dot get that much worse because i've only got about 6 months left

Things dont get worse man they get BORING!

...Just like tell her how you feel or something.
My signature has doubled...
Quote by SteveHouse
What an arrogant and presumptuous generalization.

Yep and I stand by it. I whole heartedly believe that no one in school really knows what that kind of "love" pain thing is.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by John Spartan
Things dont get worse man they get BORING!

...Just like tell her how you feel or something.

man things are way past that i've told her time and time again
but i don't know for some reason ive been felling like something big is going to happen
so maybe i should talk to her again
I usually end up starting writing lyrics about someone's problems (my mom's artificialness... or my bad influence on my comrades) then it ends up being about me having issues with that other person in the end.

I'm working on writing a song called "Freak Of Nature".... i need some inspiring stuff to help me think of a riff though...
Write a song about cheese and how lactic acid fermentation makes your digestive system feel after eating a 5 month old moldy piece of Limberger........Or better yet just go eat some and that should take your mind off of things. I guarantee it!

-Cheers