Have any of you guys played with one of these before? They seem really useful and versatile.

My main question is - Pod2.0 or Pod XT?
The Xt seems like a huge jump in terms of variety of sounds and options from the 2. But is it worth the extra +$100?

If this helps, i have a shitty SS squier 15w that comes with those cute little beginner packs and squier strat HSS. Will the pods sound like crap on my SS?

I also wanna know how you guys feel about tweaking the thing, as some people tell that is "hell to adjust it manually". Is the sound modelling in general good? Like can you hear the low-gain "scream" of a tubescreamer model?

Thanks in advance.
the pod xt is the way to go. the 2.0 is ok, but its outdated (no USB, so-so amp models). digital preamps are different from vintage stompboxes, and what i mean is that vintage stomboxes are only worth playing through nice amps, but with a preamp like a pod, then a practice amp will be fine. tweaking it was easy for me, and i got used to it real fast, and you can do it on the computer if you want. the modeling on it is good, and not only does the screamer model have that low gain "scream", you can use it to boost an amp model like you would a real amp.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
I loves my podxt.... but for recording right now i am using amplitube metal with voxengo pristine space and voxengo warmifier....
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
The USB is for connecting to the computer for controlling the pod through the computer? Does it act as a audio cable as well?

Thank god, i was so scared that my SS would totally ruin the pod.

I guess i'll rent the thing someday, if i can, and test it out.

Wow thats impressive, so you can controll all the knobs of the pedals and stuff?

Would you recommend other pods, prefferablly the cheaper ones?
I've played with the really small one, the Pocket Pod, and its not too bad, I plan on picking one up before college to use for practice when my roommate is studying, etc.
Although, I can't help but recommend you spend your money on a better amp, perhaps a Vypyr or Cube 30, for less than the price of that 2.0, and even cheaper than the pocket.
It would serve your tone much better I think.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

ENDLESS FEEDBACK MANIPULATOR σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
I Have A Pod X3 Live I Love It Sure It Is Kinda Poorly Built And Its Very Confusing Once You Figure It Out Its A Great Machine Infintely Tweakable I Reccomend To Anyone With A Light Foot Or That Does Jump On There Pedal Board It Has Held So Far For Me
A Very Important Thing Is That You Dont Color The Sound Of Your Pod Try To Buy An Amp That Bypass The Preamp Or Runs An Effects Loop I Learned The Hard And Expensive Way I Run My Pod Through A Pa System So I Do Not Color The Sound At All
GET A NEW AMP FIRST!

The POD will help your tone but not as much as a new amp will. I used to own a FM15R and while it will help nothing is going to make your amp sound good, the POD would be like using a band aid on a broken leg.

^To fingers, please edit your posts and stop typing like that, it's hard to read.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
sorry do u mean all capitals. what i meant is if you want the right tone from the pod x3 than you should get an amp that can bypass the preamp thats why i use a pa system because it does not color the sound with gain. ya know.
Quote by fingers3579
sorry do u mean all capitals. what i meant is if you want the right tone from the pod x3 than you should get an amp that can bypass the preamp thats why i use a pa system because it does not color the sound with gain. ya know.

Ah, much better. The POD through a PA or keyboard amp is a good idea if you're going to be playing a lot of different styles and one amp won't be able to do it, but if you're going to stick to a few different styles then you should just go with an amp and maybe a few effects since it will most likely sound better (assuming you have the budget for it).
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
Alright, thanks to everyone for the replies.

So i think im gonna get a cube 20x then.
yeah i play anything form face melting metal to zeppelin to chili peppers so i need that variety i wanted my sound to be as if it was coming out a very loud set of headphones. i have only been in guitars for 3 years so im kinda inexperienced but i try to learn more every day sooo
trust me dude, a practice amp will work fine with the POD as long as its not modeling. so if your gonna be using a pod, dont get a cube or vypyr or anything. cause everybody knows, modeling + modeling = nubcakes. so i dont think you really need a new amp. and later, you could get a cheap tube power amp, which supposedly works great with modeling processors to warm up the sound
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
trust me dude, a practice amp will work fine with the POD as long as its not modeling. so if your gonna be using a pod, dont get a cube or vypyr or anything. cause everybody knows, modeling + modeling = nubcakes. so i dont think you really need a new amp. and later, you could get a cheap tube power amp, which supposedly works great with modeling processors to warm up the sound

Okay, would you recommend the smaller pods for me? And yes im prolly getting a Epiphone or a Fender mini tube amp
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson

No, the tube amps are not meant for modeling. kind of defeats the purpose. A nice clean twin reverb or something maybe will warm it up by why waste your money. If you use a POD, use it in the PA or a good SS amp clean channel.
Last edited by Tempoe at Nov 13, 2008,
Quote by Tempoe
No, the tube amps are not meant for modelling. kind of defeats the purpose. A nice clean twin reverb or something maybe will warm it up by why waste your money. If you use a POD, use it in the PA or a good SS amp clean channel.

Exactly, the point of modeling is to be versatile and sound like anything you want it to. If you put modeling through tubes then it's going to color the tone and make it sound more like the amp. If you're going to use a POD then use a keyboard amp or PA to keep the tone neutral.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows