ok i have searched this site quite thoroughly and i can not find help on how to make a tab, can someone please guide me? i have been here fore a hwile but never got round to making a tab
when irish eyes are smiling, you've had to too much to drink cus eyes dont smile, mouths do
|----------------------------------------------

Add numbers?
..... i mean, theres some kind of code you put before and after is there not?
when irish eyes are smiling, you've had to too much to drink cus eyes dont smile, mouths do
but if i copy and paste that will the numbers not be all over the place when i put them in?
Quote by skatooter
..... i mean, theres some kind of code you put before and after is there not?

If you're going to post tabs on the forums then you should use CODE tags but that's about it.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
can someone please tell me the code?!?!! there is a code you put before and after the main bulk of the tab is there not?!!!
Quote by skatooter
can someone please tell me the code?!?!! there is a code you put before and after the main bulk of the tab is there not?!!!

Oh ffs...I just told you, use

but insert tabs in the middle and take out the spaces.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by skatooter

Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
If you're going to post tabs on the forums then you should use CODE tags but that's about it.

^^^
You're*
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Oh ffs...I just told you, use

but insert tabs in the middle and take out the spaces.

no you didnt just tell me, you just said code, how silly of me not to realise know exactly what you meant, but thank you for finally shedding the light
Quote by skatooter
no you didnt just tell me, you just said code, how silly of me not to realise know exactly what you meant, but thank you for finally shedding the light

You're*
Quote by skatooter

Actually I specifically said use CODE tags but whatever.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
....my god... so when you say CODE i am supposed to automatically know to do exactly this

?

dont try and make yourself almighty with the facepalm, but on the otherhand, thank you for the help
Quote by skatooter
....my god... so when you say CODE i am supposed to automatically know to do exactly this

?

dont try and make yourself almighty with the facepalm, but on the otherhand, thank you for the help

1 - I never posted the facepalm.

2 - I didn't just say code, I said CODE tags, what more info do you need?

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by skatooter

?

Quote by alcoholicpanda
Depression?

Kill it with Lysol.

Quote by i_killed_bill
Some guy in a striped sweater stole all my hamburgers. **** was soooo not cash
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
1 - I never posted the facepalm.

2 - I didn't just say code, I said CODE tags, what more info do you need?

sorry i mistook you for someone else, i didnt know what code tags were! thats the point of this thread!
Quote by soulflyV
You've been here 4 years and never used CODE tags once?

nope i have not
Quote by soulflyV
You've been here 4 years and never used CODE tags once?

Those were my thoughts as well.
Maybe I can help...

If a tab is in a monospaced font (all characters are the same width), then if you were to copy and paste something like that, you can just delete a - each time you type a number.
Quote by MetropolisPt3
Those were my thoughts as well.

why is this such a crazy thing? i usually just come on for tabs and just generally browse
Quote by iimjpii
Maybe I can help...

If a tab is in a monospaced font (all characters are the same width), then if you were to copy and paste something like that, you can just delete a - each time you type a number.

cheers for the help man
Quote by iimjpii
Maybe I can help...

Or you could just use "insert". Then each time you type, it types over the existing character.
Quote by alcoholicpanda
Depression?

Kill it with Lysol.

Quote by i_killed_bill
Some guy in a striped sweater stole all my hamburgers. **** was soooo not cash