Page 1 of 2
I hate it when you ask someone if "they play guitar" and they say, " yeah, I play the acoustic."
"you don't play the acoustic, you're just another tool who thinks its cool to play guitar!"

sorry, i had to vent my frustrations. but im sure you'll understand
"if you don't know what a tool is....then you are one"

WWTMD? : what would Tom Morello do?
I started on acoustic for three years before buying an electric.

Douchebag.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
I played the acoustic about 2 years before buying my first electric.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
I only play acoustic, then again I'm saving up for an electric.

But still what the hell
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Quote by laxmurk
I hate it when you ask someone if "they play guitar" and they say, " yeah, I play the acoustic."
"you don't play the acoustic, you're just another tool who thinks its cool to play guitar!"

It IS cool to play guitar.
I think he means that they say they prefer to play acoustic, while it isn't bad -- They probably are those guys at school who know a few chords and play emo songs or really easy ones and talk like they are the shit.
Quote by laxmurk

Oh, we do. Trust me. It's just not what you hope we understand. Sorry about that.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

I'd much rather play acoustic nicely rather than OMGSHRED RAWKANDROLL on an electric.
How I wish, how I wish
That the world, that the world
Had just one
THROAT
And my fingers were around it

Literature thread
*reported*

You're a dom dom, who has zero clue what he's talking about.

DON'T POST.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Way to stereotype. I play acoustic because I like it and it's more of my style of music? Oh no, I must be a douchebag.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

kids who only bitch about things that bug them piss me off!
If man is 5, if man is 5, if man is 5,
then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, the Devil is 6,
And if the Devil is 6,

then God is 7, then God is 7, then God is 7
This monkey's gone to heaven.
Oh wow. Most people who chose electric over acoustic did because it's 'cool'.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
IMO after playing 10 years, the acoustic is the more enjoyable of the two. It's harder to play, takes more talent cuz there isn't any distortion to hide behind.....

so basically....F*CK YOU!!!!
Quote by Perfection 101
If we all had this guy's clarity of thought, world peace would ensue

Quote by Zugunruhe
incidentally, there are absolutely no results for "bizzare anal kazoo" on google.

Quote by laxmurk

John Butler, Andy McKee and Don Ross say you're made of fail.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Maybe they don't have money for an electric? Maybe their favorite bands play acoustic and they like that?

EDIT:

Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
John Butler, Andy McKee and Don Ross say you're made of fail.

This as well. Playing acoustic like these guys takes hella talent!
Saint Louis Blues
thank you, thats exactly what i'm talking about, have fun playing your chords fellow acoustic players, and btw i play acoustic and have nothing against it, and most acoustics are more expensive than electrics... save up
"if you don't know what a tool is....then you are one"

WWTMD? : what would Tom Morello do?
I hate it when someone starts a thread and says "you ask someone if 'they play guitar' and they say, ' yeah, I play the acoustic.'

sorry, i had to vent my frustrations. but im sure you'll understand"

"you're just another 12 year old kid who thinks he is the be-all-end-all of guitar knowledge, and therefore can judge everyone according, you're just another tool who thinks you're cool because you have different stuff"

sorry, i had to vent my frustrations. but im sure you'll understand"
I agree with the OP somewhat. See, there is a massive difference between these two types of people:

1. I only play/originally played acoustic only because it's all I had/could find/afford, or I just like it better.

2. I'm going to buy an acoustic guitar so I can write love songs and bring it to campfires and maybe I'll get a woman to love me because of it.

One of these types is a douche bag, the other isn't.
o_o.
I have an electric.
I wish I had an acoustic. The amp doesn't bring the pure acoustic sound (yet...what elec. guitar amp does that anyway?)
Metal and acoustic man...
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
*grabs acoustic and plays Dee by Randy Rhoads*

Man that Randy guy was a douche
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
wtf? so professional musicians such as dave matthews or even someone like johnny cash didnt "play guitar"? your an idiot, im sry but an acoustic is a guitar, and the original guitar
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
everybody knows that acoustic guitars arent real guitars...

/sarcasm
"The Mad Scientist"

Quote by Fuzzbox91
for someone with a madness avatar (ok ill admit mdness interactive was cool for its time), youre seem to have the right idea.

"Reaching for, the gun, to load and persuade you, to stay..."
I think the kid was just looking for a reason to rag on you and make you feel like a douche, deservedly it seems
its one thing if they suck major ass but if theyre like john butler or something than your just a tool
the older you do get the more rules they're gonna try to get you to follow. You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N.

Quote by GibsonRocker14
you can use guitar strings to skin carrots....

wait.... wuttt???
Quote by LazyLatinoRocke
You can tell if they are posers if they say specifically they play the acoustic guitar.

no you can't geez
She Had An Abortion That She Made Me Pay For
ouch damn why so angry, i play acoustic because 1. it was my first guitar given to me by my grandpa and 2. i can bring it places easier than all my equipment and 3. i live in a small apartment and the noise of electric doesn't go down with the neighbors

but i know what you mean when someone picks up a guitar just to say they play
it's been stated numerous times what a douche you are. that being said, being a truly technically proficient acoustic player is infinitely harder than being a technically proficient electric player. playing flamenco or classical guitar will always be harder than shredding, always.
Page 1 of 2