I just posted this on myspace as a bulliten i just thought id let UG know.
Read if you want, but in short my grandpa passed away this morning and this is what i wrote in response. And no its not senseless rambling, id appreciate it if some of you would at least read it.

"Ken Stewart, Passed away. Nov 12th 2008.

I cannot help but to write a message to express how i feel. The truth is that i never quite knew the man and only met him once in my lifetime..but i feel for my family around me. I know this is probably one of the hardest things my mom has been through, shes up north in wisconson right now and is coming home tomorrow sometime.

I only wish i could have had the chance to know him or ben able to write a letter..a letter he sadly wouldnt have understood anyways.

Because for the last few years he has been suffering from dimensia and recently, about a week ago he stopped eating, realising he wouldnt live a suffered life any longer, not having the will to carry on. He had heart surgery prior to this, and what caused the dimensia was the anestesia they used to put him asleep for he was alergic to it and it caused him great problems. At first he started out forgetting things and not knowing where he was and it progressed from there. It must have been terrible for him to live his life in this way before he left the earth, i can only hope that he passed peacefully and has moved onto a better place.

For right now even though i never knew much of him, its agonizing to hold back these tears. He is the one who raised my mother and as such i could not thank him more for the fact that my mother has raised us wonderfully and theres not an amount of words i could use to express my gratitude towards my parents.

I only hope that one day i shall meet this man, and shake his hand at the gates to the afterlife. I shudder from the thought that i had no real control of being able to know him. He is family, and i would have loved to share memories with him, but sadly was never given the chance to. I say this with my entire being as i type these words to you. That you should cheerish what you have in the present. Do not relapse the mistakes of yesterday through your mind, or plan for the future. Looking back only only makes you more remorseful and promising things for the distant future is ridiculous in the fast pace of our world. Goals are what are to be obtained later in life by acting in the present , and they are what you should strive for.

Take life as a whole, and divide what it is you have with others. Take a while to look at the loniest leaf on the tree, and the lush of feilds. Realize theres alot in life that most people are missing, and cheerish it.

Its something not many people do. And i speak honestly when i say im not saying this because im in an emotional state of mind. Ive had such beliefs for years. But i do know it often feels impossible to break the barrier between planning to act, and doing.

But when you overcome it, do you not feel like a god for proving even yourself wrong? Have no doubt you can do something, and you will do it.

But to end this breifly before i begin to repeat myself, I thank you all.

I thank every person thats ever been there for me.

Even ones i no longer speak to.

The memories in my mind hold dear, and the great ones overshadow the bad. My friends and family have helped me more than i could ever ask for, even when i didnt deserve it.

So i say thank you.

I love you all.

I will not ask you to pray, as i have never been religious, and neither were my grandparents. Instead i ask you to take what i have said, and to think of it, If only for a moment, at least give it that.

Sincerely,
Michael Hannon"
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
How long did your grandpa's dementia take to set in? That sounds far more like Alheimer's than an allergy to heart surgery anesthesia.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

I'm sorry to hear that. Not knowing someone who has had such a positive impact on your family is always tough, but you can always get to know him through your mom.

My sympathies.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Dude, I cried.

I lost my Grandfather when I was 18...20 years ago, right about this time of year, too...I think about him often.

My condolensences to you and yours.
"If you can hum it, you can play it!"

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
ESP: LTD M-10
Marshall MD10CD
Quote by SteveHouse
How long did your grandpa's dementia take to set in? That sounds far more like Alheimer's than an allergy to heart surgery anesthesia.

No it progressed into dimensia ove rthe last few months, and before he passed he coudlnt recall anything or anyone and made no sense when talking, and often didnt even say words. And that was a week ago when my mom first arrived.

Quote by KeepOnRotting
i know how you feel man, my granddad got a brain tumor last year and slowly lost controll of all his muscles untill his lungs failed and he suffocated (violently as i was told)
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Quote by LaGrange
No it progressed into dimensia ove rthe last few months, and before he passed he coudlnt recall anything or anyone and made no sense when talking, and often didnt even say words. And that was a week ago when my mom first arrived.

Okay, never mind then. Alzheimer's takes decades.

Thanks for sharing these sentiments, man. Very thought-provoking. Hopefully your family will return to some new sense of normalcy as soon as possible.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

im talking to my friend about a girl i lost a few years ago with Megadeth's Trust playing in the background then i read this.

it's really just a depressing night man.

my thoughts go to you
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Thank you all for your kindness.
Always love in the pit.
My love to you all who have suffered through hard times as well.

Quote by KeepOnRotting
I'm sorry for your loss I have one grandparent left, two died before I was born. One I met once or twice, but then he fell off a ladder and broke his back then stayed with us for six months before he died. It is depressing to lose a family member. You need not mourn his death, but celebrate his life.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
This is months too late, but i want to say i can relate to you.
My Grandad died ages ago now, even though i had known him all the time and we did visit him, i wish i had spent more time with him still. Sometimes i'd stay at home rather than visit him and when he died my mum asked me to come to the funeral services place where he was being prepared for the funeral, but i didn't want to see him dead.
I wish i did see him in his best clothes all smart ready to be buried.

I now vow to go see his grave in the cemetary next time we visit and i want to plant the flowers and make sure the grave looks real nice.
Quote by slayer_rule_\m/
This is months too late, but i want to say i can relate to you.
My Grandad died ages ago now, even though i had known him all the time and we did visit him, i wish i had spent more time with him still. Sometimes i'd stay at home rather than visit him and when he died my mum asked me to come to the funeral services place where he was being prepared for the funeral, but i didn't want to see him dead.
I wish i did see him in his best clothes all smart ready to be buried.

I now vow to go see his grave in the cemetary next time we visit and i want to plant the flowers and make sure the grave looks real nice.

Why would you bump this? I missed it last time, but now I'm near tears.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt

Why would you bump this? I missed it last time, but now I'm near tears.

To say what i had to say.
This thread also needs more recognition.
necropost?

oh well.. good words and thoughts are never TOO late.

here's to hoping most of the healing has come to pass and that TS's family is OK.

Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
My condolences.

I promise I will read that, just not tonight. It's 20 to one in the morning, I've been up since nine and I got to bed around two last night so I'm having some difficulty even focussing my eyes on the screen long enough to read the first few lines.

I'll read it in the morning. RIP
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Novemeber is a dark month too. My condolences. I have two grandparents left. Two died when i was 2 and 3 years old.
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
Quote by blackflag49
Joe Biden's wife is a total cougar.

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!

XBL Gamer Tag:

Arch Enemy65
My grandad died last year of alzeimer's. I can honestly say it was one of the hardest things to go through. I'm sorry for your loss.
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Beating the elderly is a big favourite of mine. Also, pushing kids over and kicking pregnant women in the womb is fun.

Right now we're called 'Various Artists' just to fuck over people with iPods