I'm shopping for a new amp, and I need one that I can use for band practice and gigging. The Peavey Vypyr 75w has captured my interest, so I'm going to go to GC and try it out with my guitar. So what I'm asking, is if there is anything bad about this amp I should know about (for example, will the feedback just go insane when I turn the volume up at a certain level), because I would rather not go all the way to GC (it's not that close to my house) to find out it has a serious flaw, and some of them I might not be able to figure out just by trying it out at GC. As for musical style, I love metal, I love rock, but I like playing almost anything. Thanks to anyone in advance.
honestly I have heard nothing but good stuff about the vypyr series. And if they are even as good as their old transtubes then I am sure it will be a good amp.
Quote by Pg.inc_music
honestly I have heard nothing but good stuff about the vypyr series. And if they are even as good as their old transtubes then I am sure it will be a good amp.

Well I like the sound of that. I should obviously wait for more opinions, but if it sounds like it'll be a good amp I'll probably get it after I try it out. Then again...almost any other amp would be good to me, because right now all I have is an MG10.
Well, it looks like this is as many replies as I'll get. Thanks guys, I'm definitely gonna check it out as soon as I can.
There's another thread devoted to the Vypyr:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=939283&highlight=vypyr

You should check it out. Some of them have had problems: hum, screech, problems booting and complete breakdown.

Peavey has produced updated software that is currently being beta tested by a lot of people.

I'm interested in the Vypyr also, but after reading about so many failures, I'm holding off. I'm starting to lean toward the Kustom HV series.
Last edited by GraceKim at Nov 13, 2008,