Hey, I got an Ibanez RG recently, and I used D'Addario .010/.046 gauge strings (the regular light gauge) and now I have to tune it in D Standard because the strings are too thick and pull the floyd rose up. I'm getting some new strings tomorrow, so which gauge should I get?
Airship is liek teh best giitar playr evr!!111!1!

Quote by solidgay
Don't use distortion pedals. Just bury your guitar for three weeks, and then dig it up, that should do the job.

^Best Reply Ever!

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!
Quote by mikeyElite
adjust the springs.

He's right but it's a pain.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
weird, im using those same strings on my esp ltd 260 and i think they're pretty SWELL.
maybe get like 0.9s? i donno, if that doesnt work maybe you should take your guitar with you and show it to one of the guys working there. maybe they can help you find the right strings.
Quote by mikeyElite
adjust the springs.

If I tune it up to Standard, It puts WAY too much pressure on the floyd rose.

Quote by solidgay
Don't use distortion pedals. Just bury your guitar for three weeks, and then dig it up, that should do the job.

^Best Reply Ever!

Quote by imdeth
You have to put another spring in the back of the guitar to balance the extra tension from the strings.
Quote by Blaster Bob
You have to put another spring in the back of the guitar to balance the extra tension from the strings.

Too much customization. I'll just get some 9-42's. Thanks for the help everyone!

Quote by solidgay

^Best Reply Ever!

Quote by imdeth
If you're going to get strings tomorrow, buy an extra spring or two for your tremolo.

Heavier gauge strings will pull the tremolo up but adding a spring or two will level it out again.
Good LORD!!! You just reminded me why i no longer own or will never buy another guitar with any trem on it. I would rather play my guitars than spend all night monkeying around with it, thrying to make it work right. At least you have a Floyd and not an Edge! Those Edge trems are a heaping pile of doo doo.