The happy family. The chorus sounds SICK on the clean.

Better angle.

Here's the tone pots on the front. They seem to work quite well, as in they don't move around that much.

For those who know, I went for the 333 and not the xl because I felt personally that the xl switch wasn't worth the 50 bucks. I got the extended warranty instead. And the presense knob? Honestly, it can be replaced by a simple od or dist box.

So far its awesome, I go from a 10 watt solid state amp with a metal zone to a full on powered 120-watt tube driven BEAST!

The only thing it doesn't have is a presence knob, which means that I might have to use some sort of od stomp box to get that tight distortion that the metal guys dig. But seriously? Its a sick amp. Right now the tubes are ok, but I imagine in a few months I'll swap them out for a set that has higher upper range which IMO this amp lacks a bit.

The cleans are warm, yet crisp. I acknowledge this to be my emgs working their magic, but the tube sound is sweet to say the least.

Realistically though? The crunch channel is more than you might need for your average distorted sound. Its full and thick and raw. Reminds me honestly of a marshall tsl on od2. Its not crisp, but not muddy. Most definitely a great rhythm sound. After all thats what its meant to do.

And the lead channel. Omg sustain, sustain and more sustain. This I imagine is what my hellraiser has been waiting for, an amp that can take the high output pickups and transform it into pure win.

I'm a little scared of it right now, after having that tube craziness from yesterday I'm a bit afraid to mess with it alot. But it has some cool features on the back not readily known.

It has not one but TWO output jacks for cabs. I'd imagine you could hook up another pair of 8ohm parallel speakers and get some great stereo going. There is a, resistor type three way switch that reduces the output to the speaker. I imagine its like a very basic attenuator. Nothing fancy, but it does drop the overall volume, allowing you to add more volume and get more power distortion. A line out with level control that I think I'll be able to do some great recording with, a send and recieve set of fx loop. Also the amp has memory for the reverb. Meaning you can put reverb on the clean channel, switch to lead with it off, and go back to clean. And the nice pretty orange reverb led with be shining bright.

This thing is loud. I'm not kidding, I won't be opening it up past 2 because it starts to rattle my floor. Its also very heavy. As are all the tube amp combos I've held. Its a solid piece of amp. At least 75 pounds, but I'm a big dude. Although my forearms hurt a bit.

If anybody wants pictures of something specific, just ask. I have a very good camera.
Last edited by sesstreets at Nov 12, 2008,
Sweet man, my 333XL is out getting fixed, and I cannot wait to get it back. They truly are wicked amps, and I am going stir crazy not being able to play my metal, lol.
Hmm. Did you get to try the 333XL? Cause I believe it's voiced differently than the 333.

Congrats on a successful new amp day this time around
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
In all honesty the 333xl is voiced almost the same. Its has a bit more of a mid punch compared to the 333 but otherwise, I failed to notice a large difference.
I love the quilting on the hellraiser

Good find dude!
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
aw man i cant wait to get my 333xl combo for christmas
Smart Pothead and Proud
i bet you're glad you gave em a second chance eh? i'm overjoyed for you! seriously!! it's a great feeling
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Man I can't wait to get mine.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
I can't play it I swear to god. I don't want to turn it off but its way too late!!!

Damnit.
thats great to hear man. glad your new 333 works this time.

'92 Mesa Dual Rectifier Blackface
Peavey 5150 II half stack
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Member of the Bugera Users Militia
Your glad? LOL I'm glad that I didn't have to bring it back after an hour xD

In all honesty, if you run into a problem like I did just bring it back to the store you bought it from. No problems no hassle, they took it back and brought out a brand new one.

Two questions though.

1) If the impendence was set wrong (I believe it was supposed to be 16) and it was set to 8 would it have blown the fuse?

2) The power wire looks very similar to a computer wire, and also even the same power wire from an xbox 360. Do you think it would be safe to go to best buy and buy a longer power cable and use it for my amp? Or should I just buy an extension cord... personally I think that a computer power cable (rated to power up to 1.3 kilo watts) should be able to power an amp safely.

Also the 333 isn't that chunky. It needs a bit of help if you want that chunk metal sound. Realistically, you can put any ol' od/dist box in there and just have a bomb. I tried my metal zone on the lead channel and OMG it tightened it up.

I'd imagine that the maxon od8 or the ibanez ts9 reissue would do just as good of a job.
^yea that'll be fine. the power cords are the same thing as computer ones.

and a tubescreamer of some sort will do better than a metal zone i'm sure, a lot less coloration of tone!
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
the amps impedence should be set on 16ohms not 8. the 2 12" speakers i the amp are both 8ohm speakers ran in series making a impedence of 16ohm...that might have been the reson the fuse blew. but it also could have been bad tubes
'92 Mesa Dual Rectifier Blackface
Peavey 5150 II half stack
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Member of the Bugera Users Militia
Quote by slash_rocks2005
^yea that'll be fine. the power cords are the same thing as computer ones.

and a tubescreamer of some sort will do better than a metal zone i'm sure, a lot less coloration of tone!

I'm gonna try and see if someone on the internets will sell a ts9 for a good price. I honestly don't like the metal zone, even though it does sound pretty nice through the amp.

Also. Thing to be wary here. Since I came from solidstate fail land. I'm used to having to crank up all the knobs tog get a good sound. Boy did I feel stupid when i tried to get my old setup sound. I pumped the mids and treble and bass and sat there wondering why it sounded stupid.

That was until I lowered all the dials xD Sounded much better.

Lol instant tool tone:

Lead channel w/ bass - 6, mid - 9, treble -8

And like I said before, the clean channel is just simple so good.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
That's a pretty cool looking and probably sounding rig.

"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
I gotta record somethings with it.
Pain is an illusion.
YouTube Channel
Check your pm's sess
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

You know honestly this thing really needs an eq in the fx loop. Its lacking mid highs.
Pain is an illusion.
YouTube Channel
Did you check your pm's?

Hmm. You said the 333XL had a mid punch, do you think it had more of those high mid's you're talking about?
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

Well I mentioned this in the Bugera Thread but the lack of high mids could be due to a lack of a presence knob on the 333
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

Quote by suffersystem
For my 333XL, even with the presence knob, I still have an EQ in the loop, just for added tone options. Really does work wonders.

Yeah, people love using them regardless of the amp.

I was just commenting on his lack of high mids/highs. That could probably be remedied if the amp had a presence knob.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

How much did it cost you?
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300