It's just a starter guitar. A Washburn Lyon. For those who don't know, they're strat style. I really need to upgrade and right now I'm looking at an Epiphone Les Paul or a BC Rich Beast (or warlock). I'm really leaning towards the Les Paul because my favorite band is Guns N' Roses and I can play most of Appetite.

So 2 questions:

1. How much could I get for the Washburn?

2. Epiphone Les Paul vs BC Rich Beast, which one?
Epi LP for sure

I don't really know about the Washburn tho, sorry
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
1. you could probably get $70 tops
2. Epi
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
I have the epi.. It was also my upgrade from shit guitar to real guitar.. And I LOVE it. It's so versatile..

And I don't think you'd get a whole lot for it.. I wish I would have kept my old one so I could have kept it tuned in Drop D. Instead I gave it away to a chick that doesn't use it..
Quote by mikeyElite
1. you could probably get $70 tops
2. Epi

This. ($70 if you're lucky)
mmmk.
Quote by exect4500
did you get the washburn at target and/or walmart?

I don't even remember. I got it 3 years ago and just started playing it a couple months ago.

So 70$ if I'm lucky, could I possibly get 90$ with the addition of a case and an amp?
Quote by wwfattitude1998
I don't even remember. I got it 3 years ago and just started playing it a couple months ago.

So 70$ if I'm lucky, could I possibly get 90$ with the addition of a case and an amp?

depends how big of a noob you sell it to. my brother got a lyon guitar pack from target when he was 10 and the amp was god awful, nice padded case though.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Price depends on the condition etc. If you bring it to a guitar store you would be lucky to get 25 or 30 bucks. I have seen this ad a few guitar stores here. I offered a guy $50.00 for a Squier Strat, amp, tuner, gig bag and a few other small accessories the store only offered $29.00 for. THe guy jumped on it after being offered less than $30.00. I didn't keep it I gave it away to a friends daughter who was just learning guitar. Some of those Lyon guitars are pretty decent I got one on clearance when Sam Goody closed down it was priced at $200.00 with a 90% off tag I paid $20.00 for a Scott Ian Lyon that is actually a pretty nice guitar.

Anyway depending on the original cost conditon and the fact it's a Strat Style wich is usually the lowest end more common Lyons I think $70.00 would be the best price you could hopefully get but IMHO arond 50 to 60 bucks is about what you'll probably be able to get.

As far as getting a new guitar I have a Beast and a few Epi Les Pauls. I love my Beast but it's very heavy and the balance is tuff to get used to a Les Paul is a better balanced and versitile guitar. Unless your like me and like the unusual shaped guitar go with the Epi LP. The Beast is an intimidating looking guitar but you have to be very carefull of the sharp points they chip and/of break fairly easy. I love the sound from my Beast it plays well my only problem with it really is the fact it's neck heavy. I can take my hands off any on my LPs and not worry about the neck taking a dive. OH if you sit down to play or practice a lot the LP for sure. I can not sit with my Beast comfortably at all.
Ah okay. As long as I could get over 50, I'm selling it. The condition is great, really. No scratches or anything like that. But if I threw in a little amp (and I mean little), do you think I could get an extra 10?

It looks like I'm going with the Les Paul. I'm more of blues/ hard rock style player than metal, plus all of you recommended it. Thanks, everyone.
If you get an Epiphone, don't get a Special II. I got one right now 'cause it's my starter, but it plays terribly, and the action is like, 1inch high.
Quote by V.U.K
If you get an Epiphone, don't get a Special II. I got one right now 'cause it's my starter, but it plays terribly, and the action is like, 1inch high.

My starter was a special II and I have to say, I still pick it up and noodle on it.
Pretty good guitar methinks.

and you do know you can adjust the action, right?